“Unit 4B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Maui Sands
You added Maui Sands to your Saves list
3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Honokowai, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #24 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Irvine, California
“Unit 4B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Aloha, I have stayed at this condo from 8/18/12 for 5 nights with my parents and sister. I had a wonderful stay and wants to share my review with other travelers.

After arriving at the property, I initially thought this was a nice little two story condo complex, but nothing too luxurious. However, after entering our condo I was amazed by the amenities inside. The first thing I noticed was the state of the art entertainment system. The 55 inch LG 3d TV and the five speaker Sony surround system with IPod dock capability were superb. The detailed instructions in the guide book made everything very easy to use. Next, the kitchen appliances were all very modern and up to date. It was just a very nice kitchen overall. Finally we get to the patio and the spectacular views of the ocean. The sunsets from the condo were quite picturesque. The ocean in front of the condo was a little nice spot for snorkeling and you were able to see many different kinds of fish. The property owner was nice enough to provide 4 snorkeling masks as well. In closing, I felt he has thought of everything to provide my family and I a very comfortable stay in this condo. I would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a place to stay on the west side of Maui. I know this will be the only place I ever stay at whenever I return to Maui!

Room Tip: It's on a ground floor; if you leave the window open at night, you can hear the ocean...very soo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I were staying at Maui Sands, Unit 4B, for 5 nights from 8/18/12 to 8/23/12. We had a wonderful stay at this property and definitely would recommend this property to our family and friends. The owner is very helpful and professional; he also cares deeply about the environment. The description of this unit on VRBO website is very accurate. Maui Sands is a two-story building and this unit is on the ground level with two bedrooms and 1.5 bath. This condo is clean and modern yet charming. It's fully furnished with the best equipments especially the entertainment center. My college age children think the condo is very cool and one of the kinds. We really enjoyed the ocean front and view from the lanai. Personally, I felt relaxing and peaceful when looking out to the ocean every morning and when returning to the condo in the evening to watch the amazing sunset. We have been to Maui three times; by far, this was the best trip. It's because our children are older now but also because this condo was so comfortable. Ryan, thank you for providing a wonderful place for our vacation and hopefully it'll still be the same for our next visit. D Cao & T Nguyen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at Maui Sands 5C for a week in July 2012. The condo has two decent bedrooms, a good size family room and a nice kitchen. The back patio is only a few feet from the ocean wall so you have a great view and can listen to the waves at night, but there is no real beach access. There is an ocean wall with a 10' drop to some rocks so I would be weary of letting small kids play much. There is a double reef outside the unit which makes for some really good snorkeling. We swam (accidently) up on three huge turtles while snorkeling one afternoon. I also had a great time just wading in the water with my kids and searching for shells and loose coral.

There are plenty of low key dining options within a short walk, but if you want something nicer you have to drive. There are no resort style amenities but we really liked being able to go do an activity for half the day then kick back at the condo and maybe go snorkeling in the afternoon.

We didn't have any need to interact with the property owner, except to say that they were accomidating with our request for a late departure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hello Ryan, we found out about Maui Sands years ago and fell in love with the place back then, pretty much we were satisfied just having the ocean front views; now after discovering your place it was like being in a penthouse not only do we have the great ocean front views but all the wonderful comfort amenities and more. Having the parking on the other side of the condo allows you to walk through the lovely garden area. Upon entering using the touch pad and walking into the tastefully decorated condo it gives you a sense that you have arrived. We became quite familiar with all the amenities in a short time thanks to your guides and settled in. Morning was our favorite time, we tuned in "IZ" on Pandora while having our breakfast on the lanai soooo relaxing. Having all the necessities to prepare meals in the kitchen accented by the different lighting levels complementing the well chosen colors and materials was inviting. As they say its the small things that make the difference and yes the grocery cart worked on so many different occasions, the beach chairs and umbrella are wonderful accessories that add that special touch. It has if nothing was overlooked making our stay the WOW FACTOR! Anyone thinking of visiting maui to enjoy the low key laid back style you will have that and more while staying at sands.

Jim & Viki Ardito

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Aloha Ryan Thank you so much for providing us with a wonderful place to stay. The view was breath-taking, the access to the beach, the perfectly positioned Lanai, the best equipped and beautiful kitchen (with a view), the dining area (with a view), and did I mention the “WOW VIEW” The Condo was Beautiful recently remodeled, right on the ocean. The condo was equipped with many thoughtful items (so easy to use and enjoy), the bathrooms (ah that wonderful rain shower head), and comfortable beds! I really appreciated things like the hugh tub to store our snorkel equipment, filtered water, pegs and towel racks for drying wet suits and towels. I especially loved the grocery cart, and the (ahhhh) message chair. The fruit basket was so welcoming. It was great to have fully equipped kitchen nicely stocked with condiments and soap, even extra beach towels. We enjoyed Netflix and the Wi-fi internet connection. Access to the condo was easy and in an excellent central location with nearby stores, and several restaurants. Great instructions on how use the equipment, ice maker and tips like backing up into the parking location. We had a great time and had everything we needed. One tip you didn’t mention to us and we had to find out by ourselves was that the snorkeling was good right out back and that the green turtles come by most evenings to feed. Mahalo

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I found a link to this place on Facebook. It is very well-situated in Western Maui, close to Ka'anapali, Lahaina, Kapalua, and some of the world's best beaches (I recommend DT Fleming, and Airport Beach). Also, the ride to the remote northern coast of Western Maui is only minutes away, and very well worth exploring. Although the street it is on is quite busy and commercial, the grounds are nice and the view from the communal deck overlooking the ocean is gorgeous…especially for sunsets. This particular unit seems outdated and could use updating/remodeling. There is also an issue - especially given the jet-lag that most people coming from the mainland experience on arrival in Hawai'i - of there being lots of very loud noise (garbage trucks emptying the dumpsters) every morning at around 7am. Unfortunately, I have one particular issue with the owner: The arrangement was that, since I rented this unit for a month, the cost of electricity for that month would be deducted from the $200 security deposit I paid, and the balance returned to me. It's been four months now, and despite repeated attempts to contact him via email, he has declined to respond and I suspect that I will never get the difference returned to me. In the grand scheme of things, the amount of money involved is small, but it still seems to me somehow…unjust.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We rented unit 712, one away from the ocean. It was so lovely, like a very nice family vacation house, with the ocean sounds, and a good view from the lanai. I'd not been to Maui before, and I thought Lahaina was noisy and touristy. Honokowai is close enough for trips to Lahaina, but quiet and peaceful and beautiful. The kitchen's fully equipped, there's a laundry on site, and swimming is great except at high tide, when its better to walk to the beach down the block. Also the owner of 712 was kind and helpful. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Maui Sands? Share your experiences!