“An incredibly fresh and easy experince!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   1579 Lokia St., Off Fleming Rd., north of Lahaina town, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Lahaina B&B and Inns
Redondo Beach, California
“An incredibly fresh and easy experince!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter (12) and I stayed with Peg and her staff during our Island tour. Greeted at the door with a Mai Tai, and running water, a big smile swept across our face. The main living area is absolutely beautiful, so inviting and open. What a peaceful wonderful surprise! The house reminds me of an old Hawaiian Plantation, so comfortable with more to see around every corner! It is impeccably clean and engagingly decorated. Each room has a different theme with its own bath, air and refrigerator. My daughter loved the downstairs parlor where she could watch movies and play games. The pool is stunning and clean surrounded by luxurious outdoor furniture and amenities including a lavish fountain. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and helpful. Our favorite experience was eating the delicious breakfast on the oversized lanai as we gazed at the palatial pool and ocean. I would highly recommend this B & B to any couple, family or friends travelling through Lahaina. You will definitely enjoy the experience. It's a winner. I will return over and over again.

Room Tip: Truly every room in this hotel is outstanding!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1579fountains, Owner at House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We too enjoy the koi pond and stream as you approach the front door. So glad you both had a great stay and we hope you will return. Mohala i ka wai ka maka o ka pua. "unfolded by the water are the faces of the flowers.” The saying is better understood as, "flowers thrive where there is water, as thriving people are found where living conditions are good." Mahalo.

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buellton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I came to Maui to rest. We both had come off of very busy work schedules and other family commitments. The Fountains was truly a restful and peaceful place--5 nights worth. Tatiana and Peg were wonderful. Tatiana makes the best breakfasts! The entire place was so clean. Lots of space. It was fun to talk with the other guests, too. If you are looking for a beautiful and restful place, this is the best. Great location--between Lahaina and Kapalua. We look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: The room facing the west was great--ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1579fountains, Owner at House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so glad we could provide you with a serene environment to de-stress. The house seems to naturally provide a sense of calm, and our staff work hard to make guests feel relaxed and comfortable. Mahalo.
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were three families of 5 each and rented the entire house for the week of June 18-25 2014.The house of fountains was perfect for our big group. We had such a wonderful time, Tatiana was so sweet made our breakfast every morning and had great suggestions of places to go! Peg greeted us with her world famous Mai Tai. We will all be back someday! Thank you for making our family graduation celebration such a success!!
Susan and Len Johnson Eureka California

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to host such a wonderful multi-generational family reunion. Mahalo, and we hope you will return when the next generation arrives!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We came as a couple to relax in Maui and that B&B was simply the best place to stay. Amazing house with a great pool and fountain in the backyard, perfect to relax. Great room with a lot of space. Peg and her staff are incredibly nice, always there to give advice or offering a cocktail. She even recommended us a massage therapist and I had one of the best massage of my life, in quiet backyard by the fountain. Breakfast are good. Location is great, with nice paths either by the beach or in the hills to go jog. View from the balcony is splendid. We will definitely come back. We loved it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1579fountains, Owner at House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are so glad you stayed with us, and that you tried many of the great amenities we offer - from breakfast to massages! We hope you will return, and will always consider us your Hawaiian home.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was able to stay at the House of Fountains for 2 nights in May and I can honestly say that I will be back. The room is exactly as advertised. The house is surprisingly large (the photos of the living room make it look spacious - and it is). I was the only guest staying there at the time, so it gave me a somewhat unique experience being in a quiet house.

Peg & Tatyana were exceedingly nice and gracious. The breakfasts were delicious (though I only got to sample two of them). The views from the second floor are amazing. The pool is a little on the small side, but they also have tons of water 'toys' (boogie boards, snorkels, everything you'd expect at a community pool and then some).

The neighborhood is very nice. It's not slums or poorly taken care of by any means. At no point would I feel unsafe. The house might be a touch difficult to find (partially because my GPS kept cutting out on me, which seems to be problematic in Hawaii for some reason). I recommend studying the streets on the map prior to arriving so you are familiar with them without GPS.

If you are looking for a place to stay that is comfortable but doesn't have the "resort" feel, this is definitely it. If I had to choose one word to describe it, I would say "cozy" but certainly not cramped by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Our staff love their jobs, and it shows! We look forward to your return, and for a longer stay next time. Mahalo.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Really loved staying in this beautiful place! Peg and her staff are just lovely and this stunning house is very clean, spacious, gorgeously decorated and peacefully quiet. Tatyana's food is simply scrumptious too. With the pool and other common areas (including a great kitchen so you can cook for yourself), you can be as social or in as much solitude as you like. Great laundry service as well. An ideal spot for couples and people traveling solo. Really wish I had booked more of my vacation time here. While I initially thought this would be the most expensive place I would stay on my trip, it turned out to be the best value - you get ample quality food and beverages during your stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We strive to provide the finest service possible, and are so pleased we met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again!
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place has the most fun and knowledgable staff. The home was large like a boutique hotel. The rooms were clean and stylish. The food was delicious. They recommended a whale watching trip that was the best. I will definitely stay here every chance I get!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1579fountains, Owner at House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
I am so proud of our top notch staff and glad they made your stay enjoyable. Lahaina is such a fun town and we love to help our guests experience all it has to offer. We hope you will return some day.

Been to House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!