We absolutely love the Pioneer Inn. Have stayed there multiple times and will stay there any time our travels take us to Maui, which is often. The staff is amazing. Anna and Katherine have both been super to help accommodate us in every way. They've gone WAY out of their way to help us on several occasions. We cleaned out a storage unit on Maui to transfer the stuff via the Molokai Princess ferry (right across the street from the Pioneer Inn) to our new condo on Molokai. The staff helped us store all our stuff until ferry time and loaned us the luggage cart to get it across the street to the ferry. Can't say enough how helpful they are. We love the dining room, too, whether for breakfast (omlettes are fantastic!), lunch or dinner. We love to have drinks & ceviche and kick back to hear A Tim, one of our most favorite Hawaiian musicians, play on Tuesday evenings. And Alex, the parrot, is a hoot. Sure, he whistles and squawks some, but we find him charming. The location is perfect right at the wharf ... next to the famous banyan tree plaza ... close to shops and restaurants ... and just a short drive from to some of Maui's most spectacular treasures (petroglyphs, Iao Valley ...) Rooms are very comfortable and include a nice little refrigerator. Spacious balcony, good A/C ... Only drawback is no elevator, so must tote luggage upstairs to the rooms, which all are on second floor. I just try to look at that as good exercise! They do have staff to help out with that, if needed. Oh, and if you stay there, you get a discount card for use at any/all meals in their dining room. Overall, a wonderful place to stay that is starting to feel like our "home away from home" whenever we're on Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina