“Great view, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 132 activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Voted #1 BEST WATER ACTIVITY for 2011, 2012 & 2013 by the Maui News Readers Poll, TERALANI SAILING ADVENTURES offers the ultimate in luxury sailing,snorkeling,whale watching and sunset excursions along Maui's scenic west coast.Our immaculate,spacious 65 ft. Catamarans offer the convenience of boarding directly from Ka'anapali Beach. Simply walk on board and let the fun begin!Enjoy the spectacular vistas of West Maui while cruising to one of Maui's world famous fish preserves. Gear up with high quality snorkel and flotation gear.Discover the pristine underwater world of Maui. Explore the tropical reefs teaming with exotic fish. Learn snorkeling tips from our water experts. Swim with Hawaii's giant green sea turtles. During whale season (Dec.15 Thru Apr.15)Experience the wonder of Maui's largest visitors, the Humpback whale. With decades of experience our crews quickly and safely allow our guests to experience them up-close. Learn about these amazing mammals from our marine naturalists.Savor our delicious food and endless beverages from our award winning caterer. Dine al fresco enjoying the tropical breezes and sunshine or settle into our spacious,shaded,open-air cabin. The choice is yours!Along the way, keep an eye out for pods of dancing dolphins and flying fish! Witness the most beautiful sunsets in the world aboard the TERALANI .Sail on a golden sea, sway with the tropical breezes and share the romance with your loved ones! Enjoy the pampering of our helpful and friendly crew.Make memories that will last a lifetime. Experience the adventure aboard the TERALANI!(TERALANI SAILING ADVENTURES is a family-owned, and operated business.)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Walnut Creek, California
6 attraction reviews
“Great view, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice low key sunset sail with dinner. The food was way better than expected and the view, of course, amazing. If you like to be out on the water and have a god meal, I recommend this trip.

San Diego, California, United States
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The crew on the Teralani are very professional, friendly, and prepared. They are knowledgable about their practice and it shows that they enjoy what they do. I would highly recommend this boat charter!

Fresno, California, United States
“Great fun on the Teralani 2!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just had to give a HUGE shout out to Cassidy and all the crew on the T2! After a short discussion with her at her activities kiosk on Front Street (across the street from Longi's and Bubba Gumps), I originally inquired about a few other snorkel trips - after a few calls she found out those were booked up until after I left the island - I was about to give up, but she made one more phone call - at her recommendation we went on the T2 snorkeling trip and I could not have been more pleased! We left right out of Whaler's Village at 9:30 a.m., which is much more convenient than the other trips I was looking into where you'd have to drive almost an hour with a 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. check-in! She told me the boat was beautiful, and it was - a gorgeous catamaran with plenty of room for everyone - we weren't crammed in there like sardines! I was with my young daughter and we had a blast -- first with the snuba and the rest of the time snorkeling -- swimming around the coral with the turtles and all kinds of different fish! There was even a curious Hawaiian Monk Seal that came to check out the group ;) They told us we might try two different spots, but I was happy they decided to only do the one because there was plenty for us to enjoy there and I feel we would have lost valuable exploring time if we had picked up and moved to another location - good call, Captain Kevin!! This was an all-inclusive trip as far as breakfast (continental-style), lunch (bbq burgers, dogs, chicken), drinks (coffee, juices, soft drinks, as well as alcohol) and snorkel gear -- you really do just have to bring a towel and some tanning lotion. Extras would be snuba (I feel it was well worth it - a totally unforgettable experience for us) and underwater digital camera rentals, and they will burn a CD to take with you of all your pictures (which I didn't know about or I wouldn't have purchased the disposable!) You can even purchase a DVD of the trip, which I might have to do if my underwater photos don't turn out so hot! They had the nicest videographer that took candid video of the trip, even going underwater with the snorkel/snuba divers. The trip was five hours, but it was so much fun it was over way too soon! We will be back to visit Maui soon, and when we do I plan on doing this snorkel trip again and bringing along the rest of the family!! Thanks again, Cassidy! ~ Theresa & Mia =)

Goodyear, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“Dinner Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

You board from the beach, no problem, you get plenty to drink, we cruised north from Kaanapali beach to a small bay and had dinner here, the food was ok, the crew and bartenders were great.

Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We decided to try the SNUBA as well as the snorkeling, and as we were first timers, the dive master had us snorkel first. This was very helpful, and we were both amazed at how much we could see & enjoy just snorkeling. The dive master then accompanied us for SNUBA outing, which let us get closer to the coral, fish and turtles, and see things not possible by snorkel. I was surprised that despite ears that are very sensitive to altitude changes, I was able to follow the dive master down without much difficulty at all.

However, the second location was a disappointment after the rich flora and fauna of the first; I would have been happier if they'd just stayed put and let us explore the first location longer. Given the SNUBA is only at the first location, and we only did half of the time, it may not have been the best value-- although we don't regret it. In fact, my husband felt that this tour was the highlight of our trip to Maui.

The food's burgers, hot dogs, and the like-- nothing fancy, but it went down very well. When I booked, I'd indicated that I needed gluten free fare; unfortunately, that wasn't checked until I had them call at the start of the meal. The burgers were fine, but I did get a bit of attitude from one of the staff after lunch. (I just played along, but wasn't impressed-- this isn't fashion, it's avoiding three days of excruciating pain). But another staff member suggested that we take a doggy bag of leftovers, which was a HUGE help for us as we were flying out that night and I can't eat anything in airports or on the plane. (Their burgers worked better than the food we'd bought).

We were lucky that it wasn't a full cruise, so there was plenty of room for everyone in the cabin for lunch, and up on deck. It was breezy, which made it very pleasant. We enjoyed the sailing back, and the crew were very nice, offering to get fresh drinks. The cruise features an open bar, so is probably not as good value for those of us who only want a drink or two. But even moderate drinkers will appreciate it!

Note that when you meet the boat in the morning, if you're there ahead of time, it'll be a wait. And you won't be sure if you're in the right place. Eventually a staff member will come along and take your information. Once you're on the boat, though, it's run quite efficiently.

Bring a credit card with you. The SNUBA is optional, as is purchase of a DVD (it seemed rather expensive, so we didn't buy it), rental of a waterproof camera (as first timers, we wanted to focus on the experience-- it was a wise decision, but I'm sure we'll take pictures in future snorkel/SNUBA excursions!). They also sell t-shirts etc. I actually bought one because they had a V-neck option that was very tasteful.