“Excellent Whale Watch and Crew!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours, Adventure
Los Angeles
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Whale Watch and Crew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Just returned from Maui yesterday and wanted to write a quick review of the great whale watch we had on April 10th. Very late in the season but we still spent almost the entire two hours actually watching whales, not searching for them. Saw 9 or 10 babies breach! Crew was great, learned a ton, loved the smaller boat size - so much better than cramming onto those huge vessels with standing-room-only to see the whales. Also really liked that the crew gives out numbers to board the boat based on when you arrive. First arrivals get to choose their seats first. And even though we were the last to arrive, still had plenty of room and front-row viewing. High recommendations and we will boat with them again on our next trip to Maui. Thanks crew!

Visited April 2011

3 attraction reviews
“Amazing snorkeling, whale watching, and dolphin encounter all in one trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011 via mobile

We took the half day trip to Lanai with Captain Pat and his first mate Rob. It was a great trip. We snorkeled at 2 sites, both containing great coral reefs and lot of interesting fish. The visibility was awesome. Our super fast boat swam alongside a pod of dolphins. There were around 200 of them, and the spinner dolphins were actually jumping in the air and spinning! Whale watching was also spectacular. We ran into about 10 of them, not all at the same time though. Our last encounter with the whales consisted of 5 adult males actively competing and breaching onto each other! It was an amazing site to see. They served a light breakfast and lunch which was just perfect for snorkeling and whale/dolphin watching. I truly recommend this half day adventure with the Maui Adventure Cruises. Not to be missed!

Shawnee, Kansas
“Great Activity when staying in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We took the all day cruise, snorkeling, whale watching, dolphin watching visit to Lanai and had a great day from the start. Captain Greg and First Mate Gabe made us fell welcome, and adjusted the activities based on the passengers interest. In our case, more whales, both going and coming back from Lanai, riding with Spinner Dolphins, Snorkeling in a quiet cove. The tube boat was fun for young and old on the trip. There we folks from 8 to 80 on our trip with about 35 people. Some of the folks on the trip actually were in the water when spinner dolphins entered the beach area on Lanai.

Visited March 2011
Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We went on a snorkel/dolphin cruise, which turned into more of a whale watch than anything. The boat captain and Andrea, the helper, were excellent. She is a marine biologist and was so informative about whales. After spending the morning on the boat, I feel like I'm a whale expert!! We followed the ocean rules of staying the proper distance away from the whales. That didn't stop the whales from coing to us, though. It was amazing!!!

They served a light breakfast, snack and lunch. We left around 8 and returned around 1. We stopped and snorkled in two places near Lanai. This was my first time snorkeling. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll get scuba certified before I go back to Maui.

Visited February 2011
Pleasant View, Utah
“Fabulous whale watch adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Maui Adventure Cruises advertised a super raft whale watch and boy did they deliver! We appreciated the professional staff and state of the art boat. We had a fast and friendly check in where we were all given a number and boarded in the exact order of check in.

The captain (I feel bad I can’t remember her name) was fantastic and the naturalist on board was very knowledgeable. I know that the crew can’t control the actual whale sightings and the show the whales provide but everyone involved deserve an A+ rating!
We had a slow first hour where both my husband and I were feeling a little let down but we quickly changed our minds as things started to heat up.

We were soon surrounded by 3 big males vying for 1 female and we couldn’t count how many times we saw tails, pectorals and breaches. All passengers were so entertained none of us kept count of how many times the whales were breaching. At one point the spray from the breach almost got everyone on the boat wet – it was awesome! I went home with over 1300 pictures on my camera and the majority of the pics were from this one whale watch adventure.

The captain was very professional and cautious around the whales, keeping a safe distance and letting them approach us.

We will definitely be back with this company on our next trip to Maui and will be recommending the Maui Adventure Cruises to all our family & friends.

Visited March 2011