“Start Me Up is a class act” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop Wishin' and Go Fishin'! Join us aboard one of Start Me Up Sport Fishing's 42-ft. custom sportfishers and have a hand at catching the fish of a lifetime. We provide all of the equipment you need while out on the azure blue waters of Maui - bait and tackle, ice chests, Coast Guard licensed and certified captains and deckhands with decades of experience fishing Hawaiian waters. The only things you need to bring are sunscreen, beverages (no glass bottles) and a few snacks. We offer a variety of Maui fishing trips including 2,4,6,8 and 9-hour trips. Call us today to book your Maui fishing adventure!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Portage, Wisconsin
“Start Me Up is a class act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I spoke with Capt. Deli who mans a tent on the dock where the charter boats dock in Lahaina. The owner of the company and Capt. Deli were very professional, trustworthy, and accommodating. My company sends about 2,000 people a year to Maui on vacation, and I will definitely be recommending people go to Start Me Up if they want to do some fishing. I will be back for sure!

Visited October 2013

“BEST SPORT FISHING company to use in Maui!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had the two best captains you can ask for on a Start Me Up boat yesterday. Extremely knowledgebul and very nice. Boat was clean and gear was in perfect shape. Great pics, great weather, ok fishing - fish werent very hungry! Cant wait to come back to go out again with Steve the captain and Chris who works harder than anyone I know! THANK YOU!

Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Expensive Boat Ride”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recognize that fishing trips do not always provide you with fish at the end of the trip, however, after researching to find a experienced crew we chose Start Me Up. We chose incorrectly.

They did not seem to be aware or interested in fishing hot spots, weather, currents etc. After our trip, we were told that if we had wanted to actually catch fish we should have left at 2:30. When we booked the trip they neglected to tell us that information.

Bellbrook
“Pleasant boat ride no fish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went fishing on 9/22. I am trying to provide updates on the fishing. Zero bites in 4 fours. 6 until 10. Not sure how often this boat catches fish. Captain and mates were nice.
Please post your fishing results.

Grass Valley, California
“thiefs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Worst fishing trip ever!!!! I was booked with Capt. Gary per my e-mails from the company but ended up with a different Capt. on the day of the trip (that was my first clue). You would rather be sea sick than to go out with this organization. Booked a private charter for my daughters first ocean fishing experience. First thing, the Capt. couldn't catch fish in a fish market. The crew thought I was an amature at deep sea fishing, think again!!! I've probably fished more in the ocean than they have. They dragged around the same color bait in different sizes the whole time. The Capt. touched the rods once and the deck hand only touched the rods when he let the baits out. After about 30 minutes of trolling the deck hand went up top, and he and the Capt. just listened to the radio. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked the trip. I understand there is no expectation of catching fish but they at least could have tried to fake it, they are good at faking it in the sport fishing industry!!! When I tried to talk to the gentleman at the booth, who just so happened to be Capt. Gary, the gentleman I was supposed to go out with. He was just as useless as the crew I was with. I highly suggest using a different charter service. I've disputed the trip with my credit card company and have asked my time share company to take them off there list.

Visited August 2013
ManagerLahaina, Manager at Start Me Up, Sport Fishing, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We tried to contact you twice through the message system to try to get more specific details ,such as date of trip, copy of the email ect. but you did not respond. We do not have a Capt. Gary or any name close to that & we do not have a Gary working in our booth.We
do not send emails guaranteeing a specific Captain & we have not received a credit card dispute from any customer in Aug. or Sept.. Perhaps you fished with another Fishing Company. We are available for any questions or concerns at 808 667 2774 seven days a week.