“Exciting, Exhausting and Terrifying all in one” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop Wishin' and Go Fishin'! Join us aboard one of Start Me Up Sport Fishing's 42-ft. custom sportfishers and have a hand at catching the fish of a lifetime. We provide all of the equipment you need while out on the azure blue waters of Maui - bait and tackle, ice chests, Coast Guard licensed and certified captains and deckhands with decades of experience fishing Hawaiian waters. The only things you need to bring are sunscreen, beverages (no glass bottles) and a few snacks. We offer a variety of Maui fishing trips including 2,4,6,8 and 9-hour trips. Call us today to book your Maui fishing adventure!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Fairfax, Virginia
34 attraction reviews
“Exciting, Exhausting and Terrifying all in one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We did the 6 hr trip and it takes 2 hrs to get to the spot where you fish. You can sleep until you get there considering you leave at 2:30am it is nice but, the waves were a bit rough so I was so scared and it was dark outside so you can't really see anything just feel the boat bouncing all over the place. Finally you get there at the sun is not even up yet and you have to stand at the edge of the boat and balance and try not to fall overboard and reel in a fish. They bait the hooks and through the lines in for you all you havre to is reel them in when they call your number. There were 6 of us that day a full boad. I caught a 13 lb Mahi Miahi and some Ahi's. It was so exciting and the adreneline just flows on high the whole time either from the waves or the fish. A guy on our boat actually caiught a Marlan so our trip was a bit longer because it took a while to reel him in. When you get back to the dock you can pick which fish you want to have fileted into steaks. We had a bit of both of the ones we caught. They cut, clean and pack them up for you. It was a once in a lifetime thing for me and one I will soon not forget. If you get motion sickenss stay on the land even with Dramamine stay on the land if you get any seasickness. Otherwise it's well worth the price of $189 per person. I didnot sign up to fish so my cost was only half that but, I got to fish anyways these guys are experts and know where and when and what fish are biting at any time of the day. They are very profiessional and know what they are doing.

Worland, Wyoming
“Maui Fishing with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

On May 5, 2013 my family and I took a 4 hour trip with captain Steve Carroll and deckhand Johnny. We couldn't have had a better experience for our kids 7 and 10. We didn't have any bites trolling, but we didn't go far and began bottom fishing. The action was quick and steady. We pulled in six different species of fish and the kids were always wondering what we might catch next. We caught mostly trigger fish and everyone enjoyed eyeing the water to try and identify the fish. Brown were trigger fish and blue were the eaters. We kept Kumu, Opaka, and Nabeta for the dinner table and felt like Kings and Queens that night. Many thanks to Steve and Johnny for a perfect morning trip. I can't wait to try an all day trolling trip!

Bossier City, Louisiana
“Great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I took one of these trips on May 9 2013 and had a great time. They only have 4 customers on the boat so you get all the help you would ever want. We all caught at least 2 fish each. I think there was 12 on the day. I caught one that was 69 Inch Short Bill Spear fish, most of the others were smaller Tuna and one nice Mahi Mahi.

Corona, California
4 attraction reviews
“Mixed but mostly negative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I will begin with the positive that needs to be said. Our deckhand Ross was very experienced and worked hard. He was constantly changing lures and positions. He did all he could with what he was given. That being said-I ended the 8 hour fishing trip with disappointment. I have fished deep sea many times so I understand the big possibility of finding no fish. Our boat only found 2 Ono (Wahoo) all day. The problem was that this young captain trolled over the same water for 6 straight hours. We never even went passed the outer islands. Then when we docked at the end of the day it got even worse. The boat next to us returned with 50 fish. That wasnt the worst part. The man in the kiosk for 'Start Me Up' started bad-mouthing that other boat for their fishing tactics and loose morals on how they fish and what they keep. I am not a fan of businesses that try to advance their customer satisfaction by tearing down others. I will not use this boat again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Fish weren't biting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We didn't catch any fish or even have a bite. But we did enjoy the crew. They were fun and made us feel comfortable. No fish, but we did see quite a bit of whale activity. It was a nice ride on the water. My husband fished, (trolled) but I think we prefer live bait.
5 Stars for staff (Captain Craig and Johnny).
2 for sucky fishing