“Maui Luau” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Grass Valley, California
5 attraction reviews
“Maui Luau”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

What would a trip to Hawaii be if you didn't take in a luau? We'll, we heard so much about the Old Lahaina Luau we decided to give it a try. It had a sunset setting. The food was ok, but we were expecting more native dishes and flavor. There was plenty of food so no one could say they left hungry. If they did it was their own fault. There was an open bar, but I did't see anyone wiped out making a fool of themselves. Entertainment was interesting. Staff was very efficient and everyone was fed in very short time period. I think the event was a bit over priced for what you get. I think if I was going to do another luau I might try a different one. In talking with people who went to other luau's I felt somewhat disappointed.

• Korean first
Estero, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“A Very Nice Luau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was there with my family, and the food, drinks, and entertainment were excellent. If I were to return to Maui, I would go back to the Old Lahaina Luau.

USA
4 attraction reviews
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I went here on our recent visit. This was not our first visit to Hawaii but it was our first Luau. It is expensive but they deliver a great experience. Friendly, hard working staff, great food and entertainment. We always felt welcome and the waiter took good care of us and the whole table. We sat at a table, were right up front (there are a lot of front row tables the way it is arranged, and we made reservations about 2 months ahead of time), we were comfortable and had a great view. The buffet has a huge selection of good food. The drinks were good and plentiful. We tipped our waiter at the end of the night (I know there has been some discussion about the timing of the tip). I would recommend this to anyone.

Sydney, Australia
“Great Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I really like the staff and the way it was set out with activites early and then the buffett and show.

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
“This is Hawaii!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Everyone said, if you go to Hawaii, you HAVE to go to a luau! When people asked us which luau we were going to and I told them "Old Lahaina Luau", the reaction was always "oh yeah, that's the best one!". We were glad we went, the story told through the luau was interesting. And the luau took place at sunset, which was beautiful! The food was much better than I expected! The drinks were good but watered down. A must see if you are in Maui!!

Visited October 2013