“Beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Lindsay, Canada
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for 10 nights. Very impressed with the gardens and landscaping...was kept immaculately. The 2 full bathrooms were great and each was completely stocked with nice towels, soaps, shampoos, conditioners and lotions.They had a fully equipped kitchen and we had everything we needed to cook our meals. I was impressed that they even supplied dish and laundry soap. Our accommodations were nice but we wished there was another armchair and sofa cushions. Also a second lounge chair on the lanai would have been nice but otherwise we were happy with the room. The beach cabana was beautiful and well equipped with everything necessary to spend the day there....take your own food and drinks and enjoy the view. The waves were pretty big so we just enjoyed the view and going there to watch the sunset was worth every second. Thank-you to all the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Request a renovated unit and close to the beach
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I decided to go to Maui for the first time for our anniversary, we decided to stay in a condo because we were going to be in Maui for 9 days and wanted to have a washer/dryer in the unit so after looking online for a couple days we found Maui Eldorado so we booked it! Check in was easy, the room was nice & we were close to the beach. We had issues with the dryer, it just wouldn't dry our clothing & the internet was spotty. Housekeeping was a bit of a challenge because they would leave before 6pm & If you want new towels you'll have to walk to the 1st floor garage to get them.

I recommend renting a car if you plan on staying in Maui, self park is included with the resort fees.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 5 days on a solo adventure trip. All my excursions were close by or easy walk, trolley or bus ride. The complimentary Ka'anapali trolley provided easy access from the Eldorado to Whaler's village, where many buses were available to Lahaina. Condo suite was clean and cozy and full equipped kitchen and fridge helped with leftovers. Pools and cabana were very nice. Good Internet access. Overall enjoyed my stay here and will definitely visit Maui again.
Thanks

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Maui Eldorado is a perfect 3 star accommodation for your stay on the island. The hotel straddles between Lahaina and Ka’annapali, both being great towns, with great beaches. If you are looking to stay in Maui on a budget, then I can’t recommend this hotel enough. It is important to note how expensive Maui, and Hawaii in general for that matter is. To be able to cook and prepare your own food is invaluable when you are on a budget and so the fully equipped kitchen is very useful for that reason. We stopped at the Costco on the first day, loaded up on food and drinks and were set for the week. That wasn’t to say we didn’t go out at all, but we saved a ton by being able to eat breakfasts, lunches and some dinners at the hotel. The unit itself was huge! We stayed in F101 and this was a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds with its own bathroom, plus a pull out couch and an additional full bathroom that attached to the living room. Great for the 3 of us as we never had to wait to shower after the beach and had space to put all of our stuff. The distance to the beach is COMPLETELY manageable. Seriously the walk tops out at 8 mins and that’s if you’re walking slowly. Like others have said they have a golf cart shuttle that will take you there, but we didn’t use it once during our stay. Maybe if you are used to staying on ocean front properties it would be a bit different- but hey, I am from Canada and if all I have to do is walk 8 mins to feel the sand hit my feet you will never hear me complain.
The bedroom seemed pretty updated, and the kitchen appliances were fairly new, but there was still some work that could be done on the unit. The toilet made an awful squeaking sound whenever you flushed and the microwave had issues with some of the functions. The one thing that did drive me nuts was that there are NO lights outside on the lanai/deck. We ate dinner at around 7 and wanted to soak in as much Hawaiian air as we could so we liked eating and sitting outside. The problem is that when it gets dark, it gets really dark. If there was a light outside, or even a lantern supplied that you could put on the table that would have been nice. Instead we ran the table lamps across the floors and set them outside on the table. People that would walk by thought it was hilarious, but it worked. If I stay here again I think I would either bring one or buy a cheap one there to leave.
For staying a week we had one complimentary room cleaning which was great. We were doing out laundry almost daily to wash sandy towels – another great perk! In suite laundry- though I packed a small bag of Tide Pods which came in handy because they only included enough detergent for 1 load. One thing that was pretty annoying though was that the cleaning person completely folded up and put together the pull out couch, even though there was still someone sleeping on it. It took her a long while to get the bed “just right” so to come back at the end of the day and see that you had to do all that work over again was really frustrating. For the people that complain about the cleaning fee….I get why they need to charge it. For the amount of sand that we tracked in there all week, I can see why they would need to do a thorough cleaning of the place. The units are also really big so it would take a long time to get the job done.
This hotel exceeded my pretty low expectations and even though there are a few things to work out, or at least consider if you are planning on staying here I think it is great bang for your buck. To give you an idea we paid about $230 CDN a night (including the resort fee in there) and I don’t think I would have paid much more than that just based on my budget and the imperfections that the property does have. Perfect for a big group or family as like I mentioned you get 2 beds, a pull out couch and 2 full bathrooms. If you can get it for around that price then snap it up because it’s a great deal.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room that is closer to the beach, but I don't think it makes that much of a di...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms, fully equipped kitchen and close proximity to restaurants, beach and golf courses makes this very value for money.

There is a one time cleaning service charge of $75 and no daily cleaning. But this is more or less standard in resort kind of locations.

The concierge desk was very helpful and provided great better than online rates for the airport transfers which was very welcome and great.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family stayed at this resort in November and loved it. It is about 45 minute drive from the airport. We stayed in unit B206. We had a spacious modern unit that was close to the pool. From our balcony, we could see a bit of the ocean. The unit also included a washer and dryer The beach is within walking distance from the hotel. You can also use a golf cart to drive you to the beach from the front desk. If you find the waves too rough at this location, you can find Baby beach within a short drive. A whaler's general store and places to eat are right across from the hotel. The town of Lahaina is within 10 minutes drive of this hotel. In Lahaina, there is a Safeway and many great places to see, eat at and things to do. We can't wait to return to both Maui and this fabulous and well located condo.

Room Tip: You should choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

Large rooms. Good air conditioning. Great amenities. Awesome property to stay at. Good location. Helpful staff. Bit of a walk to the beach because were in a room closer to top part of the resort. When we return to Maui, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely need a car.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Maui Eldorado? Share your experiences!