My husband and I just spent a week here, before departing for 12 days in Waikiki. The idea for this part of the holiday was R&R and after much research on Trip Advisor, chose the Eldorado. The main criteria were a place where we could self cater, proximity to shops and/or transport, as we had no car and of course, cost. The Eldorado was by far the cheapest, especially with our seniors rate.
Our unit, E208, was a studio, but absolutely huge. It was modern in furnishings and decor, and the kitchen and bathroom were lovely. We overlooked the pool, which was a nice outlook.
The pools and cabana were never crowded, and sometimes I had the pool to myself. We were able to walk to Whalers Village, although it was a bit of an uphill climb back. We only used the free shuttle once. We also caught the bus into Lahaina, where grocery shopping is cheaper.
We didn't mind limited housekeeping, especially if it keeps costs down. Any extra toiletries, washing liquid, whatever, was available at the front desk, just for the asking.
We picked up a number of meals from CJs Deli, in the Fairway shops, so we didn't have to cook much. All were delicious. We didn't eat out at all, as we were saving our money for shopping in Honolulu - much cheaper than Australia.
We are very happy with the choice we made in the Eldorado, as it met our needs perfectly. Any staff with whom we had contact were helpful and pleasant, and the lovely lady in the shop even picked up some tomatoes for us one day, and said she'd be happy to get whatever we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina