We stayed in room K211, November 2nd through November 7th. The view is amazing. The ocean, the well manicured lawn and golf course. The walk to the Cabana from the room is about 15 minutes...even though it is visible and close, you cannot walk across the golf course, or directly on the cart path. You have to take a winding path, which loops you around the golf course, and back to the Cabana. The Cabana is nice.
It seems that most of Maui is very spread out, so it is very important to have a car to get around. Whaler's Village is only a couple of miles away, with restaurants and shopping...but, nothing else is very close by.
This complex is primarily inhabited by Seniors of retirement age...at least at this time of year. As such, it is very quiet. However, not very hip or happening. But, everyone seems nice.
As others have stated, we had little nats/flies in our room...which seems to be common in Hawaii. Otherwise the room was clean.
But, the room is very VERY dated....think Golden Girls t.v. show circa 1989. Palm tree fabric couch, with cushions that are very flat and used...bamboo type framed furniture, plastic flowers. There is a flat screen t.v. However, it is not HD quality...of course, who watches t.v. when you have such a view out the window. The room is huge by Hawaii standards. It has a small washer/dryer...full sized fridge and stove/oven and a microwave. The kitchen is fully equipped to make meals. However, with the nats on the counter...we were hesitant to prepare food or use the utensils provided.
Some pictures show granite countertops...but, this room has not had such upgrades. It seems to me the individual owner could invest a few thousand on counters/hardware/furniture, aesthetics and possibly charge more for the room. But, for some reason no such investment has been made.
We had to pay $1.56 per day to use the in-room safe. $7.00 per day was the charge to park..even though there is plenty of ample parking. And, the little convenience store is very expensive...primarily because you are so secluded from others here...they kinda gouge you on the price...and, the fact that you nearly have to drive a car...
All in all the experience was good...and, I would definitely stay here again...this time knowing what to expect. But, if you are expecting luxurious accomodations, this is not the place for you.
The room is large. It has a beautiful view, and it is primarily clean, (minus the nats/flies).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Outrigger Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado