So, this one leaves me thinking on how to rate this place. It has it's share of upsides and equal (if not more) downsides to it.
If I was to put a one liner to it, I would say: Pick this place if you are going for a longer trip and are okay with room being cleaned every 3 days
Here is the full list of pros and cons of this place - we got into a studio condo
- Condominiums - much more spacious than any typical hotel room. Would be great for families with kids.
- Includes a kitchenette (utensils, dishwasher, etc.) and laundry (washer, dryer)
- Great location - next to golf course, 7 min walking distance to beach, 7 mins driving to Lahaina
- Offers golf cart rides from/to the beach where they have their private cabana (free beach towels, kitchen area, restrooms)
- All condos include a nice patio - perfect for your morning coffee!
- Has a little marketplace to get food items, beer, wines, liquor, etc.
- No room service on a daily basis. Room service every 3 days. We were there for 3 days and did not receive room service. NOTE: Booking sites may NOT indicate this
- Did I say, you pay to stay in a room without daily cleaning? :) Now, imagine you go to the beach, come back in the room, take a shower, go out and come back to a dirty room ... stressing so that you do not underestimate the value of daily cleaning! :))
- $7/day parking charges - not sure if its common for Hawaii or not
- Condos themselves didn't appear to be upgraded (ours was definitely not). Not very old but don't expect any marble, granite, fancy faucets, furniture etc.
- Hotel staff is polite but service levels are poor. It's a reflection of management policies and not the individuals. Example: with no replenishment, we called front-desk to request some sweeteners and get an answer "Sure, please come by to the front desk to grab it" ... obviously, we said, we wouldn't and then it arrived
- On the expensive side for it's condition (at least for us)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina