“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Nohea Kai Drive, Kaanapali Beach Resort, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761-1985   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plantation, Florida
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

What an amazing experience! Highly recommend this hotel! The room was a nice size, bed was extremely comfortable, there was a couch so you can watch TV and relax, the view was incredible, the service and staff were extremely friendly, and they even gave us 2 complimentary bottles of champagne for our honeymoon. Free paper every morning. Valet was always friendly and informed us on where to go and not to go. The hotel had an amazing gym with complimentary towels and iced water. The spa was incredible (a must do). The hotel had so many acitivities to do including whale watching and snorkeling--the crew members made our experience so much fun! The Luau onsite is also amazing and their pulled pork is to die for! The pool was enourmous. THe room was very clean and comfortable. We had the best experience and will definately be returning again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Liked — Clean sheets with comfortable bed
  • Disliked — when it was over
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt for seven days earlier this month, and had a wonderful time. The Hyatt has a great location, the service was very friendly, and the property seems well maintained and was not overly crowded. Just a couple of problems noted later in this review.

The rooms are nice overall. The bed was fine, the seating area furniture is a little dated, but fine. You can request a refrigerator for your room to keep your own water and soda, which was handy. The pool area seemed nicely un-crowded the entire time we were there; no fighting over chairs like we've seen at other resorts. There’s an entirely separate pool for kids, which did a nice job of keeping the other pool fairly quiet and relaxing for adults. Large portions of the lobby and restaurant areas are open air, which is just beautiful.

We stayed on the Regency Club floor, which on balance I would recommend - - breakfast in the morning, snacks and drinks in the evening all included. It was nice to have the option of going over first thing to grab a coffee and bagel, without needing to trek all the way downstairs. The only downside was that the Regency Club lounge seemed poorly managed from the standpoint of limiting access to people on that floor. It seemed like there were several large, extended families that maybe had one or two rooms on that floor, and then invited the entire family to come up for happy hour. The result was absolute mayhem at times, with one or two loud extended families literally taking over the entire lounge at times, and being incredibly rude to everyone else. I finally asked one of the hostesses about it, and she just shrugged her shoulders. Not exactly the response I was expecting.

For golfers: we golfed at Kaanapali North and South, Kapalua Village and Plantation, and the “Experience” and “Challenge” courses on Lanai. We’d recommend the North over the South course at Kaanapali. We liked both the Village and Plantation courses at Kapalua, but found the Village course a little less snooty than Plantation. Great restaurant - - Vino - - in the Village clubhouse. Both courses on Lanai were fantastic. If you are into golf, you definitely must do both of these if you’re able to.

One caution about using the "Expedia Fun" desk in the Hyatt for booking activities. We used them to book our trip to Lanai for our golf outing, and they misrepresented what was included in the price. We wound up paying another $150 once we got to Lanai as a result. I called them to lodge a complaint; they called back and apologized, and promised to make things right, but then never actually did. There are so many competing ways to book activities, you might want to book elsewhere.

Overall, we had a very good time at the Hyatt. We would stay there again, and would recommend it for you.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Surrey, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for a week in July for a as this was our wedding/honeymoon trip. Checkin was fast and we each recieved leis right after. We requested a fridge for our room and it arrived shortly after. We were also comped our breakfast for the week we where their. On our wedding night we were given a bottle of champange compliments of the hotel, although we had to call and remind them. It was remided very quickly. We had to choose between the Sheriton, The westin and The Hyatt and we chose The Hyatt. Everyone was extremly nice and we came across no "snooty people" as posted by another person. Our room was a fair size for my wife and I, all though it had a bit of an ocean view and it was overlooking the parking lot, you could see no cars nor really hear them when sitting on the lanai. The room was nice and quiet and fully stocked. The in-room coffee maker was a live saver. Every morning I sat on the lanai for my first cup.
THE BEST TRIP TO DATE!!!!
Thank you to the Hyatt Maui and all the staff.

Stayed February 2007
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

I had my purse stolen at Alamo car rental within the first hour of arrival at Maui. When I checked in to Hyatt, my stay was prepaid, but I didn't have a credit card to present to them for meals, etc. Even though they were able to verify this information with my credit card company and the police report, they treated me like a criminal!!! The credit card company even assured the Hyatt that they were overnighting a new card to me c/o the Hyatt! I've never been treated so badly by ANY hotel! I was humiliated, and they ruined my entire vacation! The grounds are great, but the rooms are not worth the price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff/service
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

I got in trouble. I can out here on a family vacation and never left. I knew it was going to happen, mom and dad didnt. We always stay at the hyatt, and have been here many times before!!!! It just keeps getting better. This trip, we were happy to see a new addition to the hotel, the gorgeous fine dinning restaurant called SONZ at Swan Court. We came as a family three times during our visit.
Now that i live here "all the time" i have made it my goal to go to SONZ every week. I dont always get to afford to sit down at the tables and enjoy my coursed out, wine paired dinner as i did when mom and dad were here, but i make it in for apps and cocktails in the lounge. They have great little romantic tables there with nice views, you almost feel like you are the only ones there. I would hope that everyone in the hyatt visits SONZ.
It is privatly owned, so they rent the space from the hyatt hotel. If they are good enough for the hyatt then they are perfect for me!

they even vallidate vallet parking!

• Liked — the location and SONZ
  • Disliked — nothing, everything was great!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta,GA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

Just not what I expected after reading reviews on this site. Average room,fair view, hotel and pool areas definitely need some updating. I think for Hawaii, it must be okay, but I was not impressed. Food fair, butI did go to a restaurant that was absolutely to die for and I cannot remember the name of it! My husband will and I shall post back in the forum. We stayed 6 nights and I never even put my bathing suit on!!! It was extremely windy and the oceaan was FREEZING!!!!!!! Hotel employees do not bend over backward to help you (not rude, just not friendly). I wouldn't pay aagain to go to this resort or to be honest. anywhere in Hawaii....tooo many nice places in the Caribbean!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt Maui because I had 2 nights of my stay comped due to a bad experiences at the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki. The rooms were nicely appointed, with a refrigerator/coffee maker in the vanity area, a sofa, TV, coffee table and end tables near the lanai in our King bed room.
Because the room was comped for the first two nights, we had no choice in category, but we were upgraded to partial ocean view in the Atrium tower. Let me add that the partial ocean view was only visible if you sat on the lanai. I received an orchid lei at checkin, while my husband received a puka shell lei. Checkin was fast and the front desk at both check in and check out were gracious. Leilani, our checkout hostess saw my little orchid in my hair and offered me a fresh flower for my hair and said that she brings them from her garden at home. This gracious gesture on her part touched my heart and I hope the Hyatt Maui appreciates their employees. Although the Kaanapali resort area offers free transportation along the resort corridor, in order to get to the shuttle stop, you had quite a walk to the shuttle stop. For someone with asthma, like me, it was not an easy walk back up the hill to the hotel. Housekeepping was great an our room was always tidied up in a timely manner. We didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants, except for coffee and bagels in the hotel lobby the morning we left, so I cannot comment on the restaurants. Considering the two free nights, our stay there was worth it, but our room was not worth the price per night that we paid for our remaining nights. We did explore the Kaanapali beach corridor and I think if I did return to Maui, my choice would be the Sheraton. Although many people love Maui, we still prefer the activities of Waikiki and my favorite of all, The Sheraton Moana Surfrider on Waikiki.

Stayed December 2006

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!