My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt with our two children age 9 and 12 for 6 wonderful nights from the 17-23 of August. This is our third stay at the Hyatt in the last few years, and as always we can't wait to go back!
We had booked a partial ocean view and upgraded to a deluxe ocean view. Danny at the front desk hooked us up one floor from the top on the very end of the building with a fridge and a roll away in about 5 minutes. Needless to say the view was AWESOME!! We had coffee on the lanai every morning, and watched the sun set over the pacific every evening! The bed was so comfortable, and the roll away had my kids fighting over who got to sleep in it next!!
Our rooms came with free breakfast, and a kids eat free plan which was just great. The pool is wonderful, and even though the hotel was nearly full, it never felt crowded or chaotic! The kids looked forward to their daily smoothie at the Pavilions bar. The staff NEVER talked down to the kids or acted like they weren't worthy of the same service that the adults were. Really made them feel special, and cemented them as future Hyatt clients!
Everyone at this property was super friendly, and so helpful. My son wanted to know "Why can't everyone in California be as nice as the people who work at the Hyatt?"
I will concede that the beach in front of the Hyatt isn't great, good snorkeling if you don't mind a bit of a swim, but with a mile of Kaanapali beach stretching out to the north, it's not hard to find a great place to swim or play on the sand!!
We left the Hyatt and went to the Grand Wailea for two nights, and if we hadn't already paid for the rooms, we'd have left the Grand and returned to the Hyatt immediately. It seemed snobby and customer service was moderate at best.
The grounds are gorgeous, pools amazing, food incredible, and location perfect. If you're looking for a hotel that feels luxurious with genuine people and great customer service instead of pretentious glitz, you can't do any better than the Hyatt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests enjoy exquisite dining, extensive recreation facilities, international shopping, a collection of asian & pacific art, unique wild life & nightly entertainment and Hawaii's only oceanfront spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina