This place is absolutely awesome. My wife and I just spent the last 5 days at the Hyatt. I did a lot of research on this hotel leading into it and also all the way up to the day we left. I read numerous reviews on the noise of the construction and the hassle of it. Not even close to an issue at all and quite honestly I think the people on here that were complaining about the construction are those people that just look for something to complain about everywhere like not enough ice in their ice water. :)
We stayed in room 820 of the Napili tower. What an awesome view. We had a king bed ocean front room and everything was awesome and first class about this room. Popcorn ceilings, yes but honestly who cares about the popcorn ceilings. You're not sleeping on the ceilings and shouldn't be looking at the ceilings to begin with because you are in Hawaii. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice and clean. Bathrooms were big enough and just what you should expect for a hotel bathroom. We kept our screen door open all night to listen to the ocean and never heard a thing as far as music, people talking and definitely not construction.
The staff at the Hyatt was awesome and very accommodating. Everything we asked they had an answer for and we even had a gentleman walk us right down to Umalu. I will get to the food and drink later. The waitresses around the pool were very quick and make it truly an enjoyable time.
The pool and beach were great. There was always plenty of chairs at the pool. Very clean and beautiful scenery. The beach isn't huge but there is plenty of space to lay around and the beach is the same all the way north up the coast past Whalers village. Pure white sand...No, but not rocky either.
Food and drink at the Hyatt are a little steep in comparison to the other bars/dining options down the boardwalk. We went to several different places along the coast within a 10 minute walk. After eating at Umalu the first night we ventured out to see what else we could find. Hula Grill in Whalers Village is a great choice and very affordable. Happy hour between 3-6. Burger Bistro right outside the Westin is a great place to grab lunch and watch some football. We took a taxi to Front Street in Lahaina ($10 cab ride) and had drinks at Cheeseburger in Paradise, Kimos & Lahaina Pizza Company. All great choices.
We played Golf at Royal Ka' anapali, Kapalua Bay course & Kapalua Plantation Course. The Kapalua golf courses are awesome and would highly recommend spending the extra $$ to play at Kapalua.They are awesome golf courses and definitely a site to see.
Overall I truly enjoyed this hotel and the Maui experience to the fullest extent. I hope this helps and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests enjoy exquisite dining, extensive recreation facilities, international shopping, a collection of asian & pacific art, unique wild life & nightly entertainment and Hawaii's only oceanfront spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina