Overall the hotel is truly amazing. The grounds were exceptional from the exotic bird-filled atrium and pond to the free-form pool. The room was nice and comfortable. We upgraded to an ocean-view room for $50/night after one night, and it was worth it. It seems like they give you a better rate for these rooms once you are there versus booking it initially. Maid service was good and prompt to our needs. The restaurants looked nice, but we only ate at Swan Court for breakfast.
It was good but it is hard to justify a $65 breakfast (2 buffets, one mimosa, one bloody mary). Room service was good. We had pizza and a burger which was a nice change from all the fancied up food found on Maui. The beach is definitely poor. We are big beach people so that was a disappointment. But all the beaches on Maui are public so you can walk down a hundred yards or two to find a much better beach. Our biggest complaint was the kids. We were on our honeymoon and never found the casual and romantic ambience we were looking for, not at the Hyatt or Maui in general. Kids were everywhere and they were so loud!
Screams and cries filled the air. We are young and I am a pediatrician so I don't think we are really anti-kids, but it was just too much. We thought we were lucky one night when we found the neat hot tub empty but never fear...3 school-age kids and 2 pre-teens found us in no time.
That was pretty typical of everywhere we went especially the Hyatt. I'm told it was because it was Spring Break, pre-Easter, but we won't risk it by staying there again. I wanted a resort with full amenities for the honeymoon, but next time we'll priobably look into a condo. If it were adults only, we would definitely return to the Hyatt...otherwise we'll look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests enjoy exquisite dining, extensive recreation facilities, international shopping, a collection of asian & pacific art, unique wild life & nightly entertainment and Hawaii's only oceanfront spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina