We stayed here for 10 nights in June 2012 after spending a crazy 3 days in Vegas first, and we loved every second. The food is excellent, even poolside (the restaurant food is amazing, especially the sushi in Japengo), breakfast is what you'd expect from a high-end resort hotel.
We always managed to find space at the poolside wherever we wanted and the staff were always on hand to take drinks and food orders, which was excellent.
There's not much beach to talk about but it's really only a quick walk along the beach to find the main beach on the way to the Sheraton. Also if you've done your research then you know what to expect.
The reception staff were great - when we arrived we were on the ground floor and we weren't happy with that as we were concerned about security, but they moved us right away to a higher floor just above where we initially were. Great service.
They helped us to find things to do in the area, and helped us to book a car one day.
Rooms were a little on the older side, but you're in Hawaii for crying out loud, how long are you going to be in the room for apart from over night?!
This hotel has so much going for it, and being located where it is, with the amazing views it's hard to give it a bad review. The hotel was always clean and staffed by great people.
To get to Lahaina it's best to walk along the beach to Whalers' Village and get the bus for a dollar or so, which runs conveniently. The restaurants in Lahaina are universally great. Obviously seafood is the top bet - and Cheeseburger in paradise (twice!!).
You will not be disappointed in this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests enjoy exquisite dining, extensive recreation facilities, international shopping, a collection of asian & pacific art, unique wild life & nightly entertainment and Hawaii's only oceanfront spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina