“The best food in Maui.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“The best food in Maui.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had the scallop bruschetta for our appie & the shrimp pappardelle for the main course.
Unbeliveable !!!!! This restaurant is a gem. I plan in going back before I return home.
Well worth the drive from Kehei
Don't forgot your favorite bottle of wine.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Haiku, Hawaii
“Scallop Bruschetta! Save room for dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Kula Bistro is fabulous! I eat there every time I am lucky enough to make it up to Kula. The scallop bruschetta is amazing and you'd better save room for dessert or take it home from the pastry case for later because although all the food there is delicious, the Kula Bistro saves the best for last. Don't miss it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Davis, California
“Great local dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We like to stay upcountry when we visit Maui - fewer tourists, slower pace, and more peaceful. We usually drive over to Haliimaile for dinner, but on this trip we discovered Kula Bistro - what a find! It was just up the street from our cottage and we ate here three times - breakfast and two dinners. Every meal was very good. We came for breakfast one morning - it was very quiet, hardly anyone when we arrived although it began to fill up by the time we left. I had the crab cakes Benedict, and it was out of this world. It was served over a delicious home made French bread instead of English muffins, which gave it a wonderful flavor. My husband had the spinach frittata, which was also excellent. We came early for dinner one night, around 6:00 p.m. and we were seated right away. The place filled up quickly right after we arrived, so we were glad we got there early. We started with the Caprese salad, which was huge, a meal in itself. My husband had the honey dipped fried chicken and I had the prime rib tips and wild mushrooms over parpadelle. Both dishes were excellent. There was so much food that we ended up having leftovers for dinner the next night. We came a few nights later, again on the early side, but this time we had to wait for a table. Service was quick, so we did not have to wait long. I had the creamy pomodoro over scallops and shrimp, and my husband had the rack of lamb. The lamb was a bit on the tough side, but otherwise very tasty - both meals were delicious. They have wonderful desserts, but we were always too full to order. We did take a panna cotta home with us one night - it was creamy and smooth, very tasty. This is a very casual restaurant, so no need to dress up. You can bring your own beer or wine, no corkage fee. Service is fast and friendly. Take Highway 37 to Copp Rd - head uphill to the end and turn left. Kula Bistro is across the street from the market with a parking lot on the side. Well worth the drive from anywhere on the island, but a "must" if you are staying upcountry.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge
“Enjoyable Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had to wait for a table at lunch time but it was well worth it. Shared a delicious thin crust pizza which was reasonably priced at $17. The service was very good and the menu was varied and appealing. I definitely recommend Kula Bistro........give it a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
HI
“I could not even get there!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I actually do hear nice things about the restaurant, but even locals have said the place was hard to find. They were right. I drove 1.5 hours looking for the damn place at night. Could not find it! I looked at the map, I called my friend, but it was impossible. I was super stressed and I finally gave up. You have to think about how dark Kula gets at night, people really speed there, and roads are crazy. If you take the wrong turn, it is not too easy to get back. I highly suggest you go there before it gets dark. Be safe.

Visited April 2014