“Wonderful, with one exception” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Maui Hill

You added Aston Maui Hill to your Saves list
Aston Maui Hill
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2881 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753 (Formerly ResortQuest Maui Hill)   |
Ranked #10 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
A suburb of Detroit
“Wonderful, with one exception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Overall, I loved this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I arrived about an hour early to check in and it was no problem at all. The room was HUGE- more like a townhouse than a hotel room, and the full kitchen saves big $$$ on food when you have a family to feed. Washer and dryer in the unit, as well as a dishwasher. Pool was nice, with a nice deck and even a Mai Tai party on Tuesdays. (I think the girl said it's every Tuesday...) And the grounds were just beautiful.

The one smudge on an otherwise perfect stay... was housekeeping. Our first full day there, I left $10 on the table with a note that said "Housekeeping- Thank You!" We left for the day, and when we got back the money was gone and I couldn't figure out how because it didn't seem like the housekeeper had even been there. We eventually realized that she came in, took the money, made ONE of the beds (there were 2 total), and then left!!! She didn't even replace the towels that had been left on the floor and I had to call the front desk to have some delivered. Needless to say, she didn't get a tip the next day. I was kind of hoping this would make a point and her service would improve in the hopes of getting another tip... but it didn't, and eventually I just gave up and started taking out the trash and washing the towels myself. Though I will say, everything did seem to be very well kept, so I assume they do a better job when people check out.

Still, the rest of the stay was lovely enough to warrant 4 stars. If not for the shoddy service from housekeeping, I would have given 5. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As far as I know, these are all condo-style and great for families at reasonable prices. I got a goo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. While we are pleased that your overall experience during your visit was positive, we appreciate you bringing your concerns about the housekeeping service you received to our attention so that it may be addressed. We will most certainly review your comments with our Housekeeping Managers to ensure that this oversight does not occur in the future. There is no excuse for our regular scheduled housekeeping service not being provided to all guests’ complete satisfaction on a daily basis while they staying with us, and we sincerely apologize for this occurring during your visit. Rest assured that had this been brought to my attention while you were here, it would have been addressed immediately. We appreciate you choosing our resort for your vacation, and if you should ever decide to return to Maui in the future, I ask that you please contact me personally so that I may ensure that we meet your expectations in all areas, including housekeeping.

Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have owned a timeshare at Maui Hill for years, and love this spot, close to Wailea shops and restaurants and out of the traffic of Kihei. Not right on the beach, but sweeping views and an easy walk to to thebeach (but walking back its all uphill) Condos are spacious and well equipped, nice amenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo for sharing your positive review of the Maui Hill resort with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased to have you as part of our Maui Hill ohana (family). We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home next year. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.

Milton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent a week at Maui Hill with my son and bus wife and had a fabulous time! The grounds are beautiful, our 1 bedroom unit was spacious...we really lived the double French doors and huge lani. It was peaceful and serene and the staff were really great. We hope we have the opportunity to stay there again.....we would HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: We didn't have any view but with the beautiful shrubs and flowers make it very serene sitting ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. As our goal is to provide unparalleled guest satisfaction, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation and that we were able to provide a positive, memorable experience for you. We would love to have you visit us again in the future should you ever decide to return to our beautiful island. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Vacation in Maui? Stay at Maui Hill for the greatest experience!! This condo resort offers EVERYTHING to make your stay memorable!! Dennis Costa, GM and his team are fabulous in all respects.

Location is best on Maui - in south central Maui -weather is excellent, beaches and the most beautiful sunsets right there - getting to and from ALL of the best attractions is easy in that you are central. Traveling to the sunrise on Haleakala, driving the Road to Hana, spending a day at the beach, snorkeling at Ahihi, hiking or just chilling by the pool -you will find it all easy from this location.

The rooms are HUGE, nicely furnished with everything you need, plenty of grills, excellent landscaping and beautiful views whether ocean or garden - you will love relaxing over a
Leisurely breakfast on the lanai. There is a tennis court and putting green on property as well as onsite concierge services to assist with everything from scheduling a luau to whale watching or weekend escape to visit a neighboring island.

You will find comfortable sleeping (I overheard a guest at the front desk inquiring about the mattress saying he had awakened without back pain!!!) and cleanliness in all respects. The staff is passionate about making your stay comfortable and memorable,

I believe you will be completely satisfied at Maui Hill! Enjoy! I will be going back and hope to see you there as well!

Room Tip: All rooms are LARGE and comfortable. As with all resorts such as this, fees vary based on views, et...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your detailed review of your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that we were able to provide such a positive and memorable vacation for you. While there are many accommodation choices here in Maui, we believe that what makes us the best is our constant striving to do better. On behalf of the entire team here at Maui Hill, we thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future should you decide to return to our beautiful island. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.

White Rock BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Maui Hill for the second time in as many years this October. Spent 1 week in a 1 bedroom ( last time stayed in a 2 bedroom with the whole family- 4 total) Maui Hill was every bit as wonderful as we remembered. Staff are extremely friendly and eager to please, rooms are large well furnished and comfortable. The 1 bedrooms have two full bathrooms 1 with tub/shower combo the master bathroom has large walk-in shower. Kitchens fully equipped with Full size fridge ,stove, dishwasher,microwave, coffemaker, blender, and all the pots, pans, bowls, plates you name it its there! Opposite side of road from beach but easy walking distance to Kamaole 3. Loved getting up for early morning walks across the road to beach in front of Kihei Surfside (excellent corner store in the ground floor of this hotel by the way with all you need) what a gorgeous location!! Maui Hill is a nice quiet location close to everything. Manager Dennis is very approachable and it's very difficult to think of anything which could be done to improve on this experience. Congrats on a job well done Dennis.

Room Tip: Stayed close to the office previously had a little nicer view this time we were toward the back of t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation, and we want you to know we appreciate your return business. We strive to be the #1 resort choice in Maui, so it is gratifying to hear that we were able to provide that “home away from home” experience for you. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently took a trip with my family to Maui which consisted of 5 adults and 3 children. Upon arrival, we discovered that the 3 bedroom condo was not sufficient since my mother is disabled and our room was on the top floor. The manager Dennis Acosta was extremely helpful in changing our room to a lower floor and offered us 2 - 2 bedroom condos at the same price next to each other. This service was going above and beyond! The kids loved the activities on the property (swimming & tennis). Maui Hill is also a good location relative to beach. It's approximately a 5 - 10 minute walk depending on your speed. Rooms were cleaned every day. Rooms even had snorkel equipment, car DVD player, paddle floaters, life jackets and more. The space in the 3 & 2 bedroom was more than enough. We enjoyed having so much space, family breakfast and watching The Voice at night (everybody in 2 bedroom condo). I was more than happy with location as far the main activities on the island as well. In addition, we used used the gas BBQ grills which closely located to our unit as well. It was also a peaceful and quiet place to stay in Maui and relax!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. We were pleased to accommodate your needs, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your vacation. We strive to provide a positive and memorable vacation experience for all our guests, and it gives us pleasure to have been able to do so for your family. We would love to welcome you back to Maui Hill Resort should you decide to return to Maui in the future. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.
Dennis Costa, General Manager, Maui Hill Resort
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We so much enjoyed the Luau in Maui and the ride to Hana where there was a beautiful Paradise garden and beaches. We also did a dinner cruise and snorkeling with OS Crew in Maui. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our time in Maui. Some are even talking of going again for an anniversary. Some of our relatives went all the way on a tour at Hana where the springs were and said they would not have gone had they known how narrow the road was. The springs were there also. I have talked with others and they enjoyed it.June 2011 Enjoyed outdoor BBQ near rental

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that we were able to make such a special occasion as your 10th anniversary a happy and memorable one. We strive to be the #1 resort choice in Maui, and on behalf of the entire team here at Maui Hill, we truly appreciate your business. Should you ever decide to return to our beautiful island in the future, we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please contact me personally and I will be happy to offer early check in and any other request you may need.
Dennis Costa, General Manager, Maui Hill Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#20 of 31 in Lahaina
4.0 of 5 stars 2,865 reviews
Aston at the Maui Banyan

Been to Aston Maui Hill? Share your experiences!