“Beautiful condo in an excellent location for exploring Maui” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Best Available Rate
Ranked #18 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Beautiful condo in an excellent location for exploring Maui”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here (family of 2 adults and 2 kids) for 6 nights in October 2012 and we absolutely loved it.

The condo itself was a private rental and had 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and everything we could possibly need, including snorkelling gear and a fantastic gas BBQ.

The condo was spotless and well appointed with the kitchen having absolutely everything. It was a huge treat to be out and about all day and then come home exhausted for a swim in the lovely pool and to have a home cooked dinner.

The Palms doesn't have a restaurant but should you choose to eat out, there are many top notch and expensive restaurants in the resorts near by.

Wailea is perfectly placed for touring Maui and we visited many beaches, including the spectacular Makena Beach. The North shore is an easy 35 minute drive away and we loved the road to Hana.

I can see why the Palms may not be an ideal choice for a young couple who want to be out in the evenings as it is very quiet with no real night life but for a family or those seeking a little R and R, it really is perfect!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed this resort for honeymoon in September this year and realized that my wife's diamond wedding ring was missing. She left the ring on the sink top in the master bathroom. We called the reception at the night that we found it is missing, and the reception told us that the manager will call you to help next day. The next day was my departure date to another island and the manager told me to call the police and he can not handle this by himself, but only police. Also he told me that that nanny has been working for 17 years at the resort, but what does the 17 years working period do anything with the burglary??? We did police report right before flying to another island. So far I have not received any info from the manager, but the police department told that it is hard to do investigation because there is lack of evidence and witnesses.

It is part of our fault because we did not put the valuables to the safe box provided. But I highly suspect the room service (maids) that I had a day before I found the ring was missing. I am really a cautious person and check all the doors and windows close before I went out my unit. It totally screwed and ruined my honeymoon. Dear the room service or the thief, you luckily took the ring because you think it was so cute or would fit to your daughter or for selling, that ruined entire my honeymoon and made it nightmare. It is not for money, the wedding ring we lost can not be substituted.

I am sharing this information because I do not want anyone having the same problem at this resort. We still have been feeling anxiety and bad impression from Maui and the resort and will not forget this. I am not going to stay at this resort again, of course, and highly not recommend to anyone I know. Please save/put all of your valuables to the safe box if you happen to stay in this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We love these condos but it is hit or miss in what you will get. The are owned units being rented out by Outrigger. Some are great and have been keep up very nicely. Others not so much. Our only issue this time is the cleaning of the unit. This time our unit #2206 was keep up but badly needed a deep cleaning. The carpets really needed cleaning. We kept our shoes on, if we didn't our feet would get almost black from the dirt in the carpet. Other areas of the condo seemed cleaner. But again this unit could use a deep cleaning. The pool is nice but they don't enforce the rules so when there are a lot of kids, it's out of control. Rafts, flying objects, running, yelling etc. The location is great and we do really like it here, just some improvements need to be made. I am going to write a letter to management when we get back home. We would stay here again and do recommend with the above warnings. We love Wailea and have stayed here many weeks in different locations. But all in Wailea and most here at the Palms. There are unit owners that rent out there condos directly. We have done this too. If you find an owner and unit you really like that's really the way to go.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

On our recent visit to Maui, we stayed at this resort. I had emailed reservations asking for air conditioning throughout our condo. When we got there, they told me they had a fully air conditioned unit, but it was dirty and I could come by the next morning when it would be available.

After our tour, I went back to the reservations desk and asked about the air conditioned unit and was told it was still dirty. Since they told me to come back the next morning, I thought 11:00 am would be late enough. We ended up staying in the unit with air conditioning in the master bedroom only.

This unit had a weird smell in it and the dishes had a horrible smell. We had to wash everything before using it. The unit was old and worn; the bathroom had cracks and mold. I don't recommend this unit at all, especially for the price they charge.

One more thing .... the beach is not across the street, it is across the street, down another street and then you can get to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed Unit#1106 via outrigger palms at wailea. This unit was very luxury 2 bed room with 2 bathroom & full kitchen. We enjoyed BBQ and sunset at lanai. From Living room, you can see ocean & other islands. Only 5 min. to the nice quiet beach. Also major shopping center is just 5 min. drive from this place. Great deal to stay this ocean view unit.

I did not want leave there................Definately come back this condo :)
Thank you Outrigger for your good aloha &hospitality!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

These circa early 1990's condo units designed Norm Lacayo for the Japanese market continue to serve as Wailea's luxury condos. They are spacious by Hawaii standards and split level with a nice lanai. The kitchen and bathrooms in the unit we stayed is ready for an upgrade but still usable and spacious. Overall these are nice condo units and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: During the summer months I would strongly suggest that you request that the air conditioners be acce...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Condos units can be a hit or miss, depending on what unit you wind up with.

Our unit was not one with an ocean view, but the owners of the condo looked like they took great thought with the decor, furniture and furnishings.

Kitchen and Landry appliances inside the unit were up to date, which is a big plus (condo travellers can probably relate if they had ever had an old or barely functioning appliance),

As for the complex, there is no gym facility, just a pool area which is of a nice size but judging by the posted signs, it's definitely for quiet time ("no Marco polo games or pool projectile toys allowed")

No business center, but the front desk will print your boarding passes. Each unit is equipt with wi-fi which was nice too.

And the concierge desk was friendly and wasn't pushy (well at least we didn't have an agressive agent).

So in a nutshell: nice place, had a great experience in our unit that we stayed at, good location--beaches are a short walk away, and close to both Wailea and Kihei. No problems with staff; just wished it had a workout gym....

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Palms at Wailea? Share your experiences!