“It was close to the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Kihei
Miami, Florida
“It was close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did enjoy my stay here, I went with a friend during Thanksgiving weekend. I enjoyed the beach being so close since we did not rent a car. About a mile away there's stores and restaurants, so walking distance it was great. I did not like how they had one bed in the rooms, I was not expecting that, so next time in the future I will do a little bit more research when traveling with others. Overall I would return again since it's so close to the beach, and they do offer restaurant hotel discounts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Sebastopol, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the best value hotel I have stayed in. The location is second to non, the prices was so cheap, I had to re-check it a few times. The room was small (who cares when you stay in it so little) it was clean, however one can see that it can be in better shape. It is on the beach and it is so close to town. I would stay again, and yes if I want to spend 4-8 times the amount I can find better hotels, however for the price it was well well worth it.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter, and closer to teh beach is better.
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We arrived to find an error in our reservation. Vicky was so considerate, calming, and helped us to get in contact with customer service to resolve the problem. Also customer service supervisor Clair was very helpful. I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack when there was 3 rooms in our name instead of one. He had just lost his sister so was under stress. They helped sooth a stressful situation. Please "Thank" these two ladies for us. I love this location. I have stayed 3 times with you there. Though the rooms are small we make it work.

Room Tip: We were able to watch whales from the 2nd floor porch balcony.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is okay. If you enjoy going to the beach this Days Inn is in a good location. The lady who checked us in is very helpful. She told me about the 20% off you get at Five Palms and 15% off at Sorento's on the Beach, which was great weren't to Five Palms for dinner (the non hong was awesome) and Sarentos for breakfast. The hotel is a bit dated, and our room was very small, but we were only there for one evening so it was okay. Hotels in Maui are expensive so this place is a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: AC is a bit noisy, and the room is a bit small, but try to get a room on the upper floor, so you won...
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed a night to prepare for our adventure around the island. Walking distance to the beach. Although outdoor showers were out of order during our stay. Can't say I expected more than what I paid for. Microwave, fridge, and safe in the room. Didn't use them, but it would come in handy. The place is dated, but adequate for a good night's rest and exploring Kihei.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor if you are staying a while. Footsteps could keep you awake otherwise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!