“Great location but be aware of party noise” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Maui Oceanfront to your Saves list
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2980 S. Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kihei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Sebastopol, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the best value hotel I have stayed in. The location is second to non, the prices was so cheap, I had to re-check it a few times. The room was small (who cares when you stay in it so little) it was clean, however one can see that it can be in better shape. It is on the beach and it is so close to town. I would stay again, and yes if I want to spend 4-8 times the amount I can find better hotels, however for the price it was well well worth it.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter, and closer to teh beach is better.
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We arrived to find an error in our reservation. Vicky was so considerate, calming, and helped us to get in contact with customer service to resolve the problem. Also customer service supervisor Clair was very helpful. I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack when there was 3 rooms in our name instead of one. He had just lost his sister so was under stress. They helped sooth a stressful situation. Please "Thank" these two ladies for us. I love this location. I have stayed 3 times with you there. Though the rooms are small we make it work.

Room Tip: We were able to watch whales from the 2nd floor porch balcony.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is okay. If you enjoy going to the beach this Days Inn is in a good location. The lady who checked us in is very helpful. She told me about the 20% off you get at Five Palms and 15% off at Sorento's on the Beach, which was great weren't to Five Palms for dinner (the non hong was awesome) and Sarentos for breakfast. The hotel is a bit dated, and our room was very small, but we were only there for one evening so it was okay. Hotels in Maui are expensive so this place is a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: AC is a bit noisy, and the room is a bit small, but try to get a room on the upper floor, so you won...
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed a night to prepare for our adventure around the island. Walking distance to the beach. Although outdoor showers were out of order during our stay. Can't say I expected more than what I paid for. Microwave, fridge, and safe in the room. Didn't use them, but it would come in handy. The place is dated, but adequate for a good night's rest and exploring Kihei.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor if you are staying a while. Footsteps could keep you awake otherwise.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I felt like I was 21 again, only able to afford the WORST of all possible places to stay. Yes, this place is on the beach, yes, it was cheap......but I would have gladly paid up in order to stay at a place that felt like I was in paradise. Instead, I was in a room that made me feel like I was in a horror movie. Cracks in the shower, a musty, mildew smell out of the bathroom, dirty canopys and of all things, PLYWOOD as the floor of the balconies which were elso extremely dirty. EVERY other place that we walked to on the beach in that area was significantly nicer than where we were. We booked last minute and didn't have much of a chance to really look, and I guess I was just fooled by the 3 1/2 rating here and thought it might be okay. It's a Days Inn, I know the Days Inn.....no frills but usually clean and nice. Oh, what I didn't realize is that Days Inn are INDEPENENTLY OWNED! So one is good, and another looks like crap! Beware, stay here only if you are deserate or are on an extremely tight budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!