“Noisy, noisy, noisy!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Maui Oceanfront to your Saves list
Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2980 S. Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kihei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is okay. If you enjoy going to the beach this Days Inn is in a good location. The lady who checked us in is very helpful. She told me about the 20% off you get at Five Palms and 15% off at Sorento's on the Beach, which was great weren't to Five Palms for dinner (the non hong was awesome) and Sarentos for breakfast. The hotel is a bit dated, and our room was very small, but we were only there for one evening so it was okay. Hotels in Maui are expensive so this place is a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: AC is a bit noisy, and the room is a bit small, but try to get a room on the upper floor, so you won...
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed a night to prepare for our adventure around the island. Walking distance to the beach. Although outdoor showers were out of order during our stay. Can't say I expected more than what I paid for. Microwave, fridge, and safe in the room. Didn't use them, but it would come in handy. The place is dated, but adequate for a good night's rest and exploring Kihei.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor if you are staying a while. Footsteps could keep you awake otherwise.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I felt like I was 21 again, only able to afford the WORST of all possible places to stay. Yes, this place is on the beach, yes, it was cheap......but I would have gladly paid up in order to stay at a place that felt like I was in paradise. Instead, I was in a room that made me feel like I was in a horror movie. Cracks in the shower, a musty, mildew smell out of the bathroom, dirty canopys and of all things, PLYWOOD as the floor of the balconies which were elso extremely dirty. EVERY other place that we walked to on the beach in that area was significantly nicer than where we were. We booked last minute and didn't have much of a chance to really look, and I guess I was just fooled by the 3 1/2 rating here and thought it might be okay. It's a Days Inn, I know the Days Inn.....no frills but usually clean and nice. Oh, what I didn't realize is that Days Inn are INDEPENENTLY OWNED! So one is good, and another looks like crap! Beware, stay here only if you are deserate or are on an extremely tight budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cloverdale, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We started off with 2 days at the Days Inn then 7 days in a condo in Kehei and finished with 2 days in Kaanapali.A wonderful vacation.
The Days Inn is small but well located on the beach on the south end of Kehei. quiet but nice.No bath tub and not much hot water in the morning.
We rented Beach Cruiser bicycles from Boss Frogs for $50 a week and they were one of the highlights of our Maui vacation.You can get around better on a bike than in a car if you are traveling up and down the main drag.bike lanes on both sides.
the beaches are beautiful and the weather is always good.
Kehei is centrally located for a tour of Maui.
Wailea is a mile to the south,great shopping malls and a few good restaurants.South of that is Big Beach .
We rented a Jeep for a week and toured the Island,headed over to Paia and south from the to Hana.a famous drive along the winding mountain road over single lane bridges and through Bamboo forests to Hana,an old Hawaiian village away from the touristy areas of Maui.
Our last two days were on the west end of Maui in Kaanapali.
I will review that seperatly at tthe Kaanapali Beach Hotel.A beautiful place to finish up an fantastic holiday. :)

Room Tip: Wasn't impressed but it was ok in a pinch.price was apparently as low as you can get.the rooms a...
Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here January 16-20th, 2013.

The location of this hotel is good, I’ll give’em that. Unfortunately, I normally don’t write reviews on hotels but in this case I’ve made an exception.

The rooms are very small; but do come with a fridge, microwave, coffee & tea equipment, a hair dryer and safe. Yes, there was a Tempurpedic mattress in our room which was the only saving grace because we were cramped and it kind of had a weird smell!! The bathroom was small, with a shower (that didn’t drain for 15 min every time somebody showered), small sink and toilet only. To top it off you could hear the room above us walk, move furniture all night long, flush the toilet and shower… need I say more!

We had no cleaning service the last two days of our stay. In fact, I had to go to the front counter after we got back to the hotel from seeing the sites in order to get clean towels and coffee for in the morning.

Personally, I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Find some other hotel unless price is an issue.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!