“Nice LGBT B&B” 4 of 5 stars

You added Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort to your Saves list
Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort
2.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   551 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Special Price
10% Off Your Entire Stay!
Ranked #2 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei

Need car
Rooftop deck c hot tub
Very well maintained facility

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My partner and I were looking for an LGBT place to stay in Hawaii and came across the Sunseeker in our online searching. I am so glad we decided to stay here.

The staff, manager and owner are all so pleasant and friendly. We really felt like fast friends coming to stay on the island. They are quick to respond to any issues, one night we had a traveler who was a bit disruptive and the manager came in even though it was so late to help smooth things over. They are so helpful for setting up adventures or letting you know where all the best places to visit are.

The room was clean and had shampoo and body washes, so we were wishing we hadn't stopped at the store on the way in! The top deck and grounds were kept clean and are very relaxing and the top deck gives an amazing view of the ocean at sunset.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we extended our trip a few extra days and have already planned a return trip next year. For the price, location and most definitely for the service, I greatly recommend the Sunseeker!

Room Tip: Building 300's top floor houses Jr. Suites that have ocean views and can get a nice breeze so yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SunseekerChuck, Owner at Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Aloha Matt!!
Mahalo nui loa for your very kind comments and the excellent 5 star ratings you gave us.
We are truly grateful for this as I know the staff works very hard to be sure every guest experience they have at the Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort will exceed their expectation. I'm thrilled to know that its recognized and appreciated.
So glad that you stayed with us and felt part of the Sunseeker Ohana!
A hui ho!
Chuck
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

First of all, I am a professional travel agent who has traveled to Hawaii over 30 times and have been lucky enough to have family with a condo in Kihei for over 30 years. That being said. The Maui Sunseeker exceeded my expectations and then some. I was traveling solo, but the staff, Joe, Robin and Michael went out of their way to show me the new rooms (600 unit) which were awesome. They have a 3 bedroom penthouse that is as nice as any on the island. I stayed in a junior suite 323 which had a partial ocean view on the second floor. Full kitchen and daily maid service. They had beach gear for the taking and a concierge service which was fantastic. I set up a massage with Robin a week before I arrived and I had Marty who I would highly recommend. So much so I scheduled another before I left. The property has a great rooftop sundeck with jacuzzi (clothing optional) and the new units have a salt water pool also clothing optional. Was like a refuge. Beautiful grounds, BBQ area, Shady private spots and although across the street from the beach, I never heard any street noise,
I was directly above the jacuzzi so I heard a slight hum, but is was like white noise after a day or so. Wonderful and Romantic for couples or groups. I go to Oahu every Dec for work conference and decided to spend my second week vacation there is Dec this year! I liked it that much. If you like to be treated as a person rather than a number and enjoy being pampered, this place is for you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Location: northern Kihei beach, close to everything (by car): 20 minutes to Airport, 5 minutes to Kihei Triangle (bars, cafés), 15 minutes to Big & Little Beach. Beach view from front rooms, from hot tub terrace.
Property: Wifi, PC and printer, clean hot tub, new swimming pool, gardens and more gardens, 2 gas barbeques, garden tables and chairs (for eating outside e.g.).
Room (simpler one): greatly equipped (TV, satellite, microwave, coffee machine), very sunny with glass door to garden, comfortable bed, well functioning bathroom, all very clean.
Service + staff: Very nice, well informed, always wiling to help and to give advice what to do. For instance indicating us upon arrival (Sunday afternoon) that we shall go to Little Beach to see and live the hippie sunset party (only on Sunday) - which we did and it was indeed something you must not miss!
Thank you folks!! Hugs from Daniel + Erwin (Germans) from Brussel (Belgium).

Room Tip: If you wanna eat at Sunseekers (either make a barbeque with the given facilities or just prepare you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our second time here- it was even better than the first. Each of the staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. The hot tub and open air shower were great after snorkeling, hiking or just relaxing for sunset. We wouldn't stay anywhere else on Maui.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The service was great. Friendly at the front desk and they were also informative. They have guide books and CDs at the front that you can use to make your trip more enjoyable. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave. Also there are plates, forks, knives and glasses. There are 2 grills that we made use of. And the upstairs patio is clothing optional, has a jacuzzi and has a great view. There is a Safeway not too far. The location is perfect. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My recent stay at the Maui Sunseeker was terrific. I was traveling solo for the first time in a long time and I immediately felt comfortable at the Sunseeker. The staff is very accommodating and that helped. I also stayed in their newest accommodations (in Building 600) with my suite opening right out onto a patio and pool. It was so nice to have a pool steps away from my suite! And lastly, the Sunseeker is so well located - easy to get to from the airport, easily accessible to basically everything with its fairly central location in Kihei. And for the gay & lesbian market, it's a perfect fit. I recommend it quite highly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort? Share your experiences!