Just returned last night from the Maui Banyan. I suppose in general, the place was OK. However, if you're looking for a relaxing resort type place, this IS NOT IT. There isn't a wait staff or even a bar here. No room service or even someone to make up your bed. Basically they are a large apartment complex.
The pools are very mediocre, like a motel 6 kind of feel. As for the accomodations, each unit is completely different. Our friends booked through a timeshare type website and their rooms were way more renovated for even cheaper rates. DON'T book through the hotel! Beds are decent, pretty comfortable sleeping.
If you plan on cooking your own food and traveling via car rental, this place would do. But overall, I won't be returning. Not a "relaxing" pampering kinda place at all. I'm sure if I did more research, I wouldn't have even picked this place. Only went here since friends were getting married and this is where everyone was staying.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Hotel Kihei
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Hotel
- Resortquest Maui Banyan
- Maui Banyan
- Resortquest Maui Banyan Kihei
- Resort Quest Maui Banyan
- Aston At The Maui Banyan Kihei
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious suites across from the beach. This affordable condominium resort on Maui's South Coast is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. Access to swimming pools, outdoor barbecues and tennis courts and proximity to golf and the beach make this modern resort especially popular with families and larger parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Fareportal , Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Aston at the Maui Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.