“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Beaverton, Oregon
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here for two and a half weeks in December. Room 602 was fabulous, recently remodeled with granite counters, new bath fixtures, and nice linens. The unit looked exactly like the photos on their web site. The kitchen had everything we needed. We had a hiccup with the wireless internet setup, but within minutes someone called to walk us through it. We liked the fact that specific parking spaces were assigned, so there was never an issue with parking. We also enjoyed having two big windows in the bedroom, we fell asleep listening to the surf. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I always loved beach camping because you are right there and having this wonderful ground floor unit facing the ocean steps away" PRICELESS" i read many other reviews on kealia resort condos and wish to comment on some of the items other guests mentioned Re: road noise ! not a problem this unit is beach side not roadside!Coral reef in front of condo ! yes its to the left and tough on your feet But right were the walkway meets the beach the sand magically starts there and just stay left facing the water to have sandy access .We used the snorkel sets supplied and each time we went out we swam in a full circle and ended up in the sandy area (the reef is world class for diving ).We where able to surf, boogie board and body surf right out front when the waves where right .We enjoy leisurely bike rides and friends of ours who live on Maui offered to loan us theirs and we went sans car this time using the bus service .It went pretty well just know they only have room for two bikes and we did ok, the bus stop was 4 min away and they run every hr $ 4.00 for an all day transfer .The routes can take you all over and we went up country and rode the bikes down AWESOME DAY that was (they wont let you take luggage on the bus even though they have an airport route we took a taxi for that )Did i mention the VITAMIX BLENDER with the recipe book !!! sure we made our smoothie drinks but also some raw foods that you cant make with the cheap blenders GREAT STUFF !!!! We are booking kealia #103 for next year

Room Tip: beach side not road side if you want to sleep in bring ear plugs cause the ground work in the garden
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This one bedroom condo had a beautiful remodel with nice art, decor and bedding. Beautiful décor tropical tasteful not tacky. Comfortable bed (there are 2 beds in master, a king and a queen), full kitchen and nice lanai where you can see the ocean. This resort is small but right on the beach and quiet. Great location to get to Wailea in 10 minutes, Lahaina in 15 minutes, aquarium in 10 or Kaanapali in 20. Also only 15 minutes from airport. Can go anywhere from here. Parking spot for rental car too. Next door is a nature pond reserve so no buildings on one side just beautiful scenery. Amazing place. Amazing sunsets in Winter right into the ocean---whales out front. So relaxing and also nice for very small kids if you want calm water and don't care about water slides and such. Nice little pool for cooling off. Beautiful lawn for relaxing in your lounge chair (provided).. Well kept and managed. BEST place if you ant to experience relaxation and beauty of Maui off beaten path and without going broke. Well kept secret. Nice price!!!!

Room Tip: Unit #408 updated remodel, beautiful shower, and comfortable bed--air conditioning
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I arrived into Maui very late in the evening, and was a little nervous since I booked this condo on-line and wondered if the pictures were accurate. I was not disappointed at all. In fact, the pictures don't do the place justice! This condo is kept in immaculate condition. It's incredibly obvious that Frank and Sandy take great pride in ensuring their guests have an enjoyable experience here.

The condo is fully stocked with just about everything you might need. For those (like me) who don't want to eat out every meal, the kitchen has ample pots, pans, bakeware, utensils, spices (and more) to prepare you own home-cooked meals. Though I didn't utilize the BBQ grills downstairs, the grilling area is well-maintained and the wonderful wafting aromas from what other people prepared told me they were fully functional. The kitchen is also furnished with a great high-end blender, a microwave, a coffee maker and several other appliances.

The washer/dryer unit is GREAT. It meant that I could pack much lighter, so for me that was one less piece of luggage to haul around. I was able to pack fewer articles of clothing and do a couple of loads of laundry while I was there. I'd put a load in before I left in the morning and toss them in the dryer when I got back. Because the condo is compact in size, the laundry area is in an alcove next to the bathroom, and right outside the bedroom door... which means you probably wouldn't want to start the dryer and try to go to sleep. It didn't hamper anything for me, but might be an issue for others. What's best? The owners provide laundry soap!

The bathroom is stocked with an ample supply of toilet paper. I mention this because friends of mine rented a condo in the same building for this same trip - and they were rationed one roll of toilet paper for 2 people for 7 days... and were asked to purchase their own for the duration of the trip. Not true for #603. The owners have also provided a blow (hair) dryer and basic toiletries for anyone who may have forgotten soap or razors. Other items in the bathroom include bandaids, first-aid supplies, lotion, body wash, shampoo, antacid, nail files, and more. The towels are plush and not the standard scratchy, white chain-hotel kind of towels. The shower head has adjustable flow settings.

The bedroom is a nice size with lots of closet space (with hangers) to hang up clothes, and a dresser for other storage. There is a separate seating area in the bedroom with a comfy couch. The bed is a generously sized king with comfortable bedding, nice pillows, and a great mattress. There are several CDs and a CD player in the bedroom. Additionally, there is an iPod docking station/alarm clock. Just an FYI, it works with older iPods/iPhones with the long and narrow connection .... but not the newer iPhones with the shorter, fatter connection. For example, it was compatible with my iPod nano 4th generation but not with my iPhone 5. It didn't matter all that much to me because the sound of the waves crashing into the shore was far more appealing to me.

The living room is quaint and perfect for enjoying the home-cooked meal prepared in the kitchen. The coffee table top lifts up and out to create a table at the couch. The owners have provided lovely placemats. This table is also good as a computer table. I used it with my laptop.

The lanai is ... amazing ... The view is incredible. I have NO Idea what other people are referring to when they complain about the traffic. I couldn't hear one bit of traffic over the sounds of the ocean waves crashing into the shore. I suppose those people were likely in other condos in this building - so if you want to hear ocean and not traffic, then #603 is the unit for you. The patio furniture is sturdy and comfortable. It's perfect for watching the evening sunset.

Frank and Sandy provide snorkeling gear, beach chairs, mats, extra large beach towels, and a whole heckuva lot more. Upon my arrival I found a wonderful welcome basket with a handwritten note from Frank and Sandy, They provided kona coffee, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, a 2014 Maui calendar, macadamia nut cookies, sea salted macadamia nuts, and a wonderful bottle of wine. It was an incredibly warm and inviting gesture.

One thing I appreciated is that Frank and Sandy live nearby so had something gone wrong, they are close enough to handle things so their guests don't have to. Nothing happened while I was there, but I enjoyed the peace of mind.

Parking is assigned for this unit in a covered and gated parking garage. There are luggage carts located in the parking garage and on the ground floor.

I found the location of the building to be wonderful as well. It sits on the edge of Kihei, so there is not a lot of outsider foot traffic on the beach. The beach was not crowded at all - plenty of room for some quiet, solitary ocean appreciation without huge crowds. Shopping and sightseeing are just minutes away by car.

All in all, this place is well worth the cost. If you're looking for a little piece of paradise, right on the beach, with a lot of thought-out extras, then book #603. Frank and Sandy won't disappoint you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ejby, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were traveling two families together and had a great time there but it's not ideal for smaller kids. For grown ups who seek a silent place to enjoy the paradise of Maui it's perfect.
Beautiful beach with sea turtles you often during a run in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Kealia Resort in unit #201 for 11 days in September. I read through the many reviews of the location before booking. I spent literally months researching the areas I wanted to see. I had a very good reference book, Maui Revealed, which is written by two individuals who spent two years on the island checking everything they could in detail and doing it anonymously without pay or perks to give a very objective view. I highly recommend it.

Yes, the building is older, yes the elevator is slow, yes the pool is smaller than other locations but the location is perfect. Kealia Resort is as central coast as you can get. It’s convenient for the airport, the Hana Road trip, to Paia, to Haleakale, to the Up Country, to South or West beaches and sights. These are all plus items. Did you come to Maui to spend most of your daytime hours in the condo anyhow?

The keyless entry feature is a plus by not having to have extra keys with you to open the door. Enter the code and open the handle; couldn’t be any easier if you tried. The units at Kealia Resort have private parking places which is a nice feature.

We drove over 800 miles and saw as much of Maui as we physically could. In all probability this will be our last Maui trip because we’re 81 and 79 now. The stamina is declining but not the interest.

We booked in January for this trip. I had an issue with American Airlines and their non-friendly scheduling at the last minute but Larry worked with us in total and it all worked out fine. A very nice gift basket with many goodies was there on our arrival. A nice welcoming touch that we appreciated. Larry takes care of the unit, not a management team that may or may not be available when needed. We had a problem with a locked TV remote; it was taken care of as soon as it could be done.

Unit #201 is very well updated. The kitchen has all the appliances you could want, a well stocked cabinet of usual kitchen items, and there were many usable items in the fridge. The AC unit was very efficient. The bed is very comfortable. The large bedroom closet has plenty of hangers for all your needs. We traveled light because we knew there was a stackable washer dryer unit in the kitchen. How convenient! At the airport we saw many couples bringing four huge fully expandable suitcases with them. We were wondering if they came for a six month visit or just changed three times a day to use everything they brought. There are many useful items in the closet to make your stay more like being at home.

The bathroom is also recently updated. Nice tiled shower, good lighting and a large vanity. There is a nearby linen closet that is fully stocked.

The view from the Lanai view was great. A nice spot to listen to the constant waves, people watch walking the beach, view the sunsets over the west point of Maui and view the pool which really didn’t get a lot of use in the time we were in the condo. We used it almost daily. The pool is unusual in that the bottom is not squared off with the sides. It has a rounded feature that takes getting used to if you’re just walking for exercise.

There is a very nice BBQ area on the lawn behind the pool. We ate in two evenings that we had long days knowing in advance we’d be tired from the day’s activity.

If you’re planning a Maui trip consider the Kealia Resort. There are many plus features that will make your trip both enjoyable and memorable.

Mahalo,
Jim and Liz from St. Louis

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We loved staying at Kealia Resort, Unit 602. The view was fantastic from the balcony. The unit was impeccably clean, well maintained and stocked with everything we could possibly need. Kihei is central on the island of Maui, The beach is great for long walks. The condo also has a nice pool area. Kihei has a lot of strip malls so does not have the feel that we would have preferred, but once you are in the condo your view is of the ocean.

We really enjoyed our visit here on Maui!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kealia Resort? Share your experiences!