My wife and I spent 10 nights at the Kamaole Sands in mid December. The proximity to the beach was great and the unit very clean. For anything more than a place to sleep, however, it lacked. The kitchen was furnished with random pots, pans, and mismatching lids with a total lacking of some items but an over abundance of others. The front desk repeatedly ignored my request to have someone check out our dishwasher which did not work. I finally got a maid to check it on our third day. It was fixed when we returned that evening. Our room was convenient but its central, ground floor location meant that we had all of the noise from foot traffic to and from the elevator just outside our bedroom window. Something to consider when booking. I would also recommend to the booking staff that they separate adults from families with small children. For most of our stay we were awakened at 4 AM by a very vocal, young child in the next room and when trying to relax on our lanai during the day it seemed that we were constantly being serenaded by unhappy children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kamaole Sands is set amid tropical gardens with waterfalls and ponds, across from a scenic Maui beack park. One-, two-, and three-bedroom suites have full-kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include tennis courts, a swimming pool and kids wading pool, jet spas, barbecue grills, and a weekly Mai Tai party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Castle Kamaole Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamaole Sands Hotel Kihei
- Kamaole Sands Maui
- Kamaole Sands Resort
- Castle Kamaole Sands Maui/Kihei