“popular with returning guests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kamaole Beach Royale Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Kamaole Beach Royale Resort
You added Kamaole Beach Royale Resort to your Saves list
2385 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #38 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
KIRKLAND
“popular with returning guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Kamaole Beach Royale Resort isn't exactly a resort. There really aren't grounds to speak of and the pool is very small. Because of that, and the fact that many of the tenants and returning guests are retirees, it doesn't seem like the best place to bring children. We heard other visitors complaining about their units above the pool due to the noise of happy children playing there.

That said, it is an excellent location for those that want to hang out at a beach with a life guard since Kamaole I is a hop skip and jump away---just down the block and across the street. We picked this property for that reason and the fact that it had wonderful reviews. It totally deserved them!!! The managers were fantastic, so friendly and helpful, and the staff kept it clean and tidy.

My husband and I were lucky to reserve unit 509 eight months in advance for February. It was perfect for the two of us! We liked it so much we checked out the schedule for the following year and found the owner stays there most of the winter. I hesitated to write a review fearing other vacationers will book it up and we won't have the chance again. The living room furniture was comfortable considering that it is in Island style, the kitchen was well equipped except for small appliances that needed to be replaced (they most likely have taken care of that), the shower was small but adequate, and there was a pantry cupboard close to the kitchen to put all our food. The only complaint I have that might make me choose another unit was that the bed was smaller than the Cal King I'm used to---I felt I was going to fall right out onto the floor because it was only queen size. It had a soft top but was too firm for my taste--I had a hard time sleeping on my side.

Loved everything else about it! The walls are covered with mirrors making it look light and airy and much bigger than it actually is. The view from the lanai was fantastic and it was spacious and comfortable...a wonderful place to relax and have breakfast. There were heavy metal pull-down shades to protect the lanai from a storm or block the sun when its too bright--there was no need for curtains in the living room. It was obviously remodeled much more recently than many of the other units. They'd done an excellent job--so beautiful. All in all, a superb choice!

Room Tip: Look at pictures on the internet first. The condos all have their own flavor--some have been remodel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed at this property from march 3 2013 to march 12. Our group was made up of 4 couples , some family and very close freinds. Rented two condos, one 3 bedroom and one 1 bedroom. First time at at condo style resort so really did not like to have to cook and clean etc while on a vacation. We will stick to all inclusives. The mgmt here was very helpful with any information needed as well as making sure that anything we needed was brought to us. THe location for this property is one block off the beach, so be prepared to have to carry your beach chairs etc with you to beach as there are none supplied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This condominium resort is very clean and well maintained. It is situated centrally in Kihei and very accessible. It is very close to the beach and all immenities. The 3 bedroom suite we rented was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were so comfortable we really didn't want to leave! Having laundry facilities in the suite was wonderful and the parking lot was convenient.Because this is a condominium unit, there is no room service but there is staff there during the day to help you with parking and lock-outs.We loved the barbeque area on the 7th floor, it was a great gathering place and a great place to watch the sunset! All in all, this condo is a great value for your vacation dollar!

Room Tip: Suites on the higher floors and closer to the centre of the building have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just got home from 3 glorious weeks in Maui, we have been many times, and this year we stayed at unit 303, it was excellent. The condo was very clean, and well equipped. The beds were comfortable, and I can't honestly find anything to complain about, re: this unit!!!! the only problem we found was...we didn't want to leave!!! The owner was very pleasant to deal with and always responded immediately to our questions before our arrival...We would definately stay there again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 5th floor unit. The view was gorgeous and unit was equipped with mostly everything we needed. The only bad thing was that the facilities manager, Bob, was snarky. Not the kind of attitude I was expecting from someone in the hospitality industry. If he would work on his people skills my impression would have been much better.

• Stayed November 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks over the last week of December 2011 and the first week of January 2012. This was a family trip including kids, parents, and grandparents.

This is my second visit to the property. My first visit was over 20 years ago.

The Property:
This is a 7 floor condo building with 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condos all with their own in-suite laundry. Across the street from Kamaole Beach I with a lovely pool. Views of the pool from all the rooms and views of the water on floors 4 and up! The Roof Top Barbecue, Pool and Aloha Room are amenities that are not private and are shared with other residents. We found the property to be well cared for, clean and properly maintained. Lots of parking and after picking up your load of groceries from Costco, they have shopping carts available to take your purchases up the elevator.

The rooms:
We had two condos rented. The first was a one bedroom with a comfortable bed and a pull-out couch. It was updated and everything worked well. The lanai was beautiful and has a great view of Kamaole Beach I as well as the pool. All the units face the water and have great views.
The second unit was a 2 bedroom with one bedroom having 2 twin beds. It has a double lanai and was beautifully decorated.

The Managers:
I'm not sure how long Vince and Rose have been managing this property, but they were here over 20 years ago and are still here today. They are very friendly and extremely accommodating. I only have very positive things to say about these great people.

Location:
Great location! I love Kihei. The weather is almost always beautiful and all the 3 of the Kamaole Beaches are great for kids and right across the street. About half an hour from the airport, Wholefoods and Costco. Only 15 minutes to shopping in Wailea and 40 minutes to Lahaina. Just a few minutes drive to Foodland or Safeway and walking distance to tons of restaurants. A trip to Hawaii is never complete without an ABC Store, which is right next door for all those last minute and late night needs and wants!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and pool, but for best views take floors 4 and up.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have stayed here year after year, since 2001. I love this place, it is like Hawaiian comfort food. I know where it is, what is near by, I love Kam I, close to everything. I would like to buy in here, the condo's rarely come up, and are a bit high. This time I was on the 3rd floor in a 1 bedroom.(304) For the first time ever, I had a noise issue, it is spring break, and the pool got loud with kids one night. I just shut the door, hating to lose the ocean sound, but who could hear them anyway? and the noise was gone.
VInce and Rose and Terri are very attentive, and do great job consistently!
The pool is great in the afternoon sun, there is shelter from the trades....
Can't wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: for ocean view, 3rd floor and up. For beach view 4th floor and up.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kamaole Beach Royale Resort? Share your experiences!