“Recommended!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 143 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Chicago, Illinois
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We're huge sushi snobs and were definitely into the tastes at Sansei. Some dishes are more successful than others, but you must try the popcorn shrimp.

Visited October 2012

USA
“Still good after all these years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I don't know how many years we have been dining at this restaurant but I do know we come to Maui twice a year and Sansei's is a must each time. We have been coming here 22 years. If you are a frequent flyer to sushi , then you will differentiate good fresh fish and sushi that you feared would revisit you later on that night! These dishes are never a disappointment The miso butterfish is to die for .... Melts in your mouth! It's not on the menu, but ask for Hamachi Kama My husband can't get away without ordering an appetizer of seared ahi wrapped in spinach. We just went last night and I am ready to have dinner there again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Take out service is bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the food is good, however the staffing is poor. We ate in and the waitress was very inattentive, and unfriendly.

We did enjoy the food, so we decided to order take out again. First time, no problem ordered over the phone and picked it up when it was ready, but they automatically added a 10% gratuity to all take out orders. Second time we ordered take out again and they said that we needed to give them our credit card up front to order such a large order (I was ordering for myself and my wife, no one else.) I told them that I would be paying cash and was not comfortable giving them my credit card over the phone. The girl that answered the phone told me that was their policy and they have had a lot of people order and not show up for their food. I asked to speak to the manager and he said I was welcome to come down, place my order, pay cash, and wait 45 minutes for my food to be ready. I told him we will order from somewhere else, thank you. I find it hard to believe that people are ordering sushi and not picking it up, and this seems to be a problem specific to this restaurant, as every other restaurant we have ordered from in Kihei has not asked to be paid up front.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lost appetite and bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We arrived with a big group (October 13th i think) and were too that we should not split the bill. I'm with 24 people how in the hell do you not split the bill? Our server was an upbeat guy but the explanations he gave us irritated me so much I lost my appetite and the dinner was in my honor. I was the bride to be and had absolutely nothing to eat. He was saying that we needed to have groups of at least 4 with the bill and people should order 2 of this and 2 of that. Yeah if you want the bill to be $400 at the end if the night. I am a server and I can split a check no problem, and all the food comes up at the same time so either he just wanted the bill to get out of control or he sucks. The food is overpriced and service (at lead this guy) sucks. Our guests also dine at nice very nice places and were irritated with him so it wasn't just me. Will never go again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laughlin, Nevada
“half price late night sashimi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great sashimi and sushi, half price after 10. Only drawback is having to listen to whatever karaoke is offering that night. Good aloha service, but be mindful the tip is already on the bill as a service charge and not always pointed out.

Visited October 2012