“Freshest Fish on Maui” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“Freshest Fish on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The fish here is tremendous. You can grab a casual box lunch/dinner take out or buy fresh fish and cook at your home/condo. The Ahi Poke was the best we had anywhere on the island, and we ate a lot of poke while in Hawaii. If you are hankering for some deep fried goodness, the fish and chips is the best I've had in the US. Fresh or frozen local fish is used and the chips are crispy and well cooked. If you aren't catching it yourself, the next best thing is Eskimo Candy. It's a little off the beaten track, but worth consulting your GPS or map to find.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kihei, Hawaii
“Great Seafood at a Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Best seafood in Hawaii for the price. Good grilled ono and chips, terrific seafood chowder - better than anything I ever had in Boston!

Lincoln, CA
“Yummy Poke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

One word, delish! Also ordered the seafood chowder, which was very good. Other parties in my group had the fish n chips and they all liked it. I also had the shrimp and again, just as good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“WOW!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I read about this place in a book and it said you got good seafood for a reasonable price. Well, I would love to have this place in my neighborhood! It was a little off of the beaten path, but my GPS on my phone took us right to it. I had the shrimp tacos, and my husband had the ONO, which was the catch of the day. The food was FABULOUS!!! They had a great kids menu for our 11 year old. We loved the ONO so much, that we ordered more! Not much room to eat inside, but with the weather being so great, it was wonderful to sit outside! I could have eaten here every day! The staff were SO nice and kind! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!

Milford, Connecticut
“Out of the way, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in search of poke in Kihei (If you don't know what poke is, you're missing out. It's pronounced 'pokay' and it's raw fish, seasoned any number of ways over rice. Delicious!) and someone told us about Eskimo Candy. It's not on the main drag in Kihei, you have to go of your way a bit, but it's worth it. It's a small shop with a few seats indoors and a few outdoors as well. It's not in a touristy area. But they serve a number of different fish and seafood plates, smoothies, and most importantly, poke that is really good.