“Great spot, fantasic hosts and accomodations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eva Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Eva Villa
You added Eva Villa to your Saves list
815 Kumulani Drive, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Kihei B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
similk bay
“Great spot, fantasic hosts and accomodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

If you want to kick back or go exploring this is the spot ! No pressure from the hosts, they are not in your face all the time like alot of other B&B's. Rick and Dale have everything available one would need and their knowledge of the island was a blessing. There is so much to see and do on Maui. This is the ideal place to start from to go exploing and come home to watch the sunset or go a short distance to the numerous resturants and come home to wach the stars. We stayed in both the cottage and studio and felt right at home, clean and comfortable. The price was RIGHT! Go and enjoy, we plan on retuning next year and staying longer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I stayed at the cottage a whole week. My first impression when we entered was not very good: we had left the shoes outside (in Hawaii you go barefoot while inside the house), and I could feel sand when I was walking! The cottage was supossed to be cleaned up for every new guest!
Cons:
-It was hot inside during the day (no air conditioning)
- the bed was not very comfy and was noisy if you moved a little
- furniture needs a serious renovation, it seemed my grandma was living there
- internet didn´t work inside the cottage (and outside there were lots of mosquitoes at night). Rick tried to solve it and it worked better, but was extremely slow to the extreme of desperation.
-kitchen was a disaster. The microwave was not very clean.
-Breakfast...what to say...

Pros:
-The hot tub at night looking at the stars

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
evavillabnb, Owner at Eva Villa, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Big Changes In The Cottage. As of October, 2009 we've made some pretty sweet enhancements to the cottage. You'll find a new microwave oven, updated furniture, bedding and air conditioning! We have taken over the cleaning of all our accommodarionsWe've also added a reliable direct Roadrunner Internet connection ... which can be tricky on a tropical island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You're going to love the new and improved cottage.
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Eva Villa truly is a gem in Kihei. Off the tourist tracks on a slight hill. Only ten minutes to the beach. I loved the peaceful surroundings, the beautiful garden with all it's flowers and ripe fruits in the trees.
I have stayed in the poolstudio. A massive studio with all the facilities a traveller could possibly think of. The best bed I slept on and believe me, comfort is a big issue for me. It is also very clean, everywhere the walls, the tiles, the bathroom, not a stain to find.
I guess what I liked most was the Aloha spirit that I experienced everywhere on the property. Rick and Dale sure carry that, but it also seems to linger inside the house.
Rick spends a lot of time working around the house. The garden is excellent and very well maintained. The pool is cleaned daily and there are plenty cosy spots around the pool to get a suntan or to stay in the shade. The fruits and muffins in the fridge are a real treat and Rick and Dale even share the fruits from their own garden. Upon arrival I also had loads of information from their own experiences about restaurants, places to see and things to do. No need to bring a travelguide with me, honestly.
Eva Villa is a beautiful and safe place to stay. With the friendliest owners and the biggest heart I ever met. Too bad it is too far away from my own place, I really would love to just drop in, relax, jump in the pool and share some thoughts about the Hawaiian life style.
Rick and Dale, thank you for making this stay even more magical as Eva Villa itself already did.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have returned to stay at the Eva Villa each time I visit Maui because Rick and Dale feel like old friends. You are welcomed to the island with a true aloha spirit. From an extensive list of activities, places to visit and restuarant options, to the artistically sliced fresh pineapple in your fridge, Eva Villa serves as a home away from home. Nestled in a neighborhood community, it is easy to forget you are staying at a bed and breakfast.
I enjoyed swimming in the pool late in the evening with the moonlight shining through the palm trees after a long day of exploring the island.

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in May, 2009 at the Eva Villa cottage. Dale and Rick were excellent hosts---provided tips on restaruants, shopping, sight-seeing and golf---all the ins and outs of Maui. The cottage was perfect for us---spacious and the outside deck was great ( very private). We enjoyed breakfast each morning on our deck with the beautiful sounds of native birds. The kitchen was very well equipped and we were easily able to host dinner for four on the deck! Ceiling fans provided the only cooling we needed day or night. The location in Maui Meadows is lovely and quiet, yet only 5 minutes from Wailea or Kihei. The beaches in those area are fabulous! The cottage had a washer/dryer and outside shower which were also great perks . The landscaping was beautiful and so well maintained---flora was lush and tropical. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub---very soothing after a day of hiking! Dale and Rick checked in with us on a regular basis to see if we needed anything.
I highly recommend Eva Villa for you stay in paradise on Maui.
JoAnn Conlon

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maui, HI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

This place is close enough to everything you need yet far enough to be quite and private. Truly one of the best places to stay while vacationing on Maui!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Thank you sooo much for our wonderful stay at Eva Villa. It was just what we were hoping for. A quiet Hawaiian getaway!! It was perfectly located. Close to beaches, shops, restaurants without the crowds and noise of the resorts and hotels. The atmosphere was relaxing and peaceful after a day of exploring the island, and the views from your rooftop are amazing. Thank you for having the snorkling equipment and boogie boards available for us to use, and for offering more pineapple. Your hospitatlity was greatly appreciated. MAHALO!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Eva Villa? Share your experiences!