“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

+1 808-446-5104
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 154 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Filipino, Hawaiian
Description: Bringing the Taste of Pacific Island's to you as well as good ol' Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Plate Lunch. We BBQ our Tri Tip, and do a 14 Hr.Smoke Pork. Hand cut Fresh Potatoes for Frys. We do Frys 4 ways, Regular, Cheesy, Pele, and Typhoon. We are mobile so we move around and our hours of operation vary depending on which location we are working. You can Follow us for schedule on other social media sites as IG, FB & Twitter...
Middleburg, Florida
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here while we were out and about and split "the savage" it was HUGE and really good. Plenty of cheese and meat. Fast service too.

Visited July 2014

Middleburg, Florida
“Blown away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Food trucks are relatively new to me we've just recently added them to the Jacksonville, FL area, so when we decided to go to Maui I decided to find out first hand how food trucks could be. My wife and I went to street grindz and had the Savage grilled cheese. it comes out about a foot wide and all the way around with cheese spewing out of it I thought to myself oh this has to good and buddy was it. I knew the food trucks out here had to be good but I truly had no idea, this place was awesome.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vallejo
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was the best lunch we had on Maui. I loved my lunch plate, fresh quality ingredients, perfectly seasoned. My teenage son had the Savage sandwich and he said it was amazing. This is a must do for anyone on Maui!

• Visited June 2014
San Jose, California
“This is a must stop on your island hop! The wife and I were Wowed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The wife and I were visiting Kihei and were about to head out after a late night when I wanted something to eat. Instead of taking the time to find a restaunt, on a whim we stopped off at the 808 Street Grindz truck. They were on the hill off Piilani highway. My wife was skeptical at first (thinking typical taco truck food) but she was quickly won over by the Ono Shrimp. I had a plate of Shoyu Chicken and we shared the Pele fries. UN-BE-LIEVABLE!! For real, this is amazing restaurant cuisine served right here with an incredible view. Do yourself a favor if you’re on Maui and find this truck. You can bet we’ll be there on our next trip out.

• Visited June 2014
Kapaa, Hawaii
“BEST sandwich ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I heard about this truck & we were driving down the highway & there it was. I knew it was a sign to stop. We had the Knucklehead Cheese Sandwich & the Meatloaf plate. Sandwich was absolutely amazing. Lots of gooey cheese on thick sour dough bread. My husband says it's a heart attack on a plate! But he ate it all. The meatloaf was also great with a few twists. It had carrots, celery & may be ramen noodles in it. A little taste of sweet. But delicious. We're going back before we leave Maui to get the steak grilled cheese! Can't wait!! The owner came out to check on us. Great friendly man. I hope he does great in this business.

• Visited July 2014
808SGrindZ, Owner at 808 Street Grindz, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for the Great review. Happy that you enjoyed your lunch from us. Feel free to come by anytime for lunch while your in the area. :) We appreciate your business and comments and reviews anytime. Again Mahalo ,Thank You..