“The most amazing day” 5 of 5 stars

+1 808-879-7238
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the sea caves and lava arches of Maui's remote and rugged Kanaio Coast on the most invigorating snorkeling adventure that Maui has to offer.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The most amazing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My best friend and I went on the Kanaio Coast tour and Molokini snorkeling trip in January. It was the highlight of our trip. Even my friend, who lives on the Big Island, said it was the best snorkeling she's ever seen. Brad and TJ were so welcoming, fun and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed learning about the history of the island with regards to Haleakala's various flows. Brad knew a lot about the various lava formations, like how temperature and other conditions during cooling determine the type of rock which is formed. And, he knew what almost every rock/cliff looked like ie: Fred Flintstone, Shrek! Brad said day we went was exceptionally calm, so we got to go at least a mile farther down the coast than they usually get to go. It was really fun.

Molokini was just the most amazing thing. The crater was outstanding snorkeling and fish-seeing. There are so many, in fact, that they don't bother to get out of your way when you swim up! The crater itself is beautiful, too. The backside, however, is where it's at! The water is so deep I was nervous to get in being that deep water is one of my few big fears. But, it's such a beautiful blue water with rolling swells...it's too good to miss. In fact, I ended up being the last one back on the boat...I didn't even know we were leaving! The fish on that side are much bigger, too! It is just an other-worldly experience. It was so very special to be able to go to these places, but, especially with my best friend of 16 years, on an already special trip and with an incredibly knowledgeable and truly fun crew as Brad and TJ. The photo of my friend and I as the boat was leaving to head back to Kihei is probably my favorite pic of us ever. I think I've told everyone I know about this day since I've come home.

As far as I understand, Blue Water is one of the only companies that takes snorkelers to the backside. They also go farther down the Kanaio Coast than most. So, when you go with them, you are seeing a rare and special side of a place that's already extremely rare and special. It's a very unique and transformative experience. To make it even better, it was the height of whale season. We must have stopped 6-7 times en route in order to watch whales and or spinner dolphins come right up to the boat. I stuck my underwater camera over the edge of the boat and got some really cool close-up shots of dolphins swimming along side of us and a Humpback whale surfacing then diving back down. It was just a magical day. Next time I'm on Maui, I will be going out with Blue Water again. Definitely take some dramamine. I don't usually get sick very easily, but, we were out for a long time. The floating in one spot parts started to make me a little queasy.

Visited January 2013

“Not for the squeamish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If no one in your party has a tendency to get sea-sick or motion sickness, this may very well be the best Maui event you can spend money on! Big horsepower engines on a 20 or 30 foot raft and hold on to the rope alongside of your pontoon seat. Let the crazy kids sit up front where the wind and the spray say "Aloha!" -- and you and the Mrs. sit comfortably (sort of) right next to the captain. The trip is wonderful, exciting and beauteous as you stop to get a history of the South Maui rocks and cliffs and later to snorkel with turtles (sometimes dolphins )and in the wintertime maybe a humpback whale or two. This will be the topic of conversation foremost on your "Maui memories" to share with friends and family on the mainland! (ask for Captain Joe Neubauer and reserve early ).

Visited February 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
“Great Crew (Seth & Eli) and an exciting time - as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We’ve lived in Maui for 10 years and Blue Water Rafting is always a winner and a treat. Eli & Seth took great care of us. Cool, funny guys, and Captain Seth knows his stuff. We've done most all excursions offered by Blue Water Rafting and have never been disappointed.

If you're staying is South Maui (Wailea, Makena, Kihei) this is the excursion to take as it leaves from the convenient Kihei Boat Ramp. Our captain had to navigate some difficult waters on our last visit, and his knowledge of the areas and concern for our safety was apparent. Don’t get me wrong... when conditions allowed he took us on a wet & wild “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride!” And as always, the snorkel locations were great. If exciting is on your Maui “things to do list”, you can't miss with these folks.

Visited July 2013
Kihei, Hawaii, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Exciting Blue Water Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best way to watch the humpback whales ... great adventure! You are so close to the whales, which could pop up at any moment. Seeing these majestic mammals, is so captivating. Dolphins, manarays, flying flish are just icing to the cake. I would recommend this adventure/tour to anyone. You are able to swim, however ADA is not advised as it is a strenuous adventure.

Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome first snorkeling trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our first snorkel trip and we took 3 teenagers, although it was not our first ocean raft ride. The trip was amazing! We snorkeled at three different locations and were never rushed. Aaron and TJ were knowledgable and fun. The up close trip to the lava walls and caves was really interesting and beautiful. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2013

Been to Blue Water Rafting? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Blue Water Rafting, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.