“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Worldmark

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Worldmark
You added Worldmark to your Saves list
75 Alanui Ke Alii Drive, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #30 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed every minute, the pool and jaccuzzi were very nice and the beach accross the street is beautiful. The room was perfect and we had a view of the beach as well, but remember to seal your snacks there were many little ants in our room. The ABC store is my favorite place to shop accross the street for souviners and chocolates at a good price. We loved Big Beach about 20 minute drive away and of course the road to hana was amazing and you have to get to the black sand beach WOW.....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Stayed here in September 2010 for a week. The unit was great and everything worked (almost). When booking these units, they tell you if you will have an ocean view or not. We were up on the 4th floor and could see enough of the ocean from our 4th (top) floor balcony. Each morning was spent sitting on the bacolny with a mug of 100% Kona coffee watching the island wake up as the sun came up. Most excellent.

The pool area was well maintained and cleaned every day (I know this because I saw them doing it each morning from the balcony). There were plenty of chairs/lounges around the pool and there is also a covered area where there are art and craft stuff and two computers. There also is a fitness center with some treadmills and the like it in. I used them and the worked just fine.

There are numerous gas BBQs around the property. They work and are clean.

The office staff was helpful when I asked for "local" food info. I wanted to eat and buy where the locals go, not the tourists. There are two more computers that you can use in the office. There are also Expedia people there each day. It is hit or miss whether they will always get you the best deal, but they were helpful whether you were giving them business or not. Quite a few times, we were able to find deals on the web.

I seem fixated on the computers you say. That is because the internet connection in our room did not work. Tried multiple boxes to know avail. Then, someone in the front office says, "Oh you are in 6412? That room always has problems. I like to be very connected. In fact, once I finished a big project while on "vacation" at another Worldmark property. There is wi-fi at the pool but no one told me. I found out by accident on day 6. If I had planned on any heavy internet lifting, I would have been toast.

As for the trash issue. There is no mechanism for trash being picked up. I mean, you are there for a week and you are going to generate trash if you are cooking in the unit and the like. I am NOT going to shlep a bag of garbage down four floors out to the dumpster. What to do? Well, I saw other people leaving the trash outside their doors. Seemed easy enough. The trash sat there for two days until I asked someone to come get it. The only thing I could firgure is that since we were on the top floor and the outside corner, there was no reason for staff to go by the unit and see the trash. However, the second time we left trash out, someone even MOVED the trash to clean the walkway but the trash was still there the next day. UNACCEPTABLE!

However, with the negatives being taken into account, I would still recommend this property without hesitation and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We spent a week at Worldmark Kihei in August (followed by a week in Ka'anapali at a nonWorldmark resort). We traveled with our 4 kids (ages 16,14,10,10), my brother, sister in law, nephew (12) and my father. We had 2 units: a 3 br no view and a 2 br with partial view.
The locaion of this resort is fabulous: 1/2 block to a great beach, and an ABC store, too. The ABC stores are so great for cold drinks, quick snacks, sunscreen, beach mats, and souveniers.
The staff at the resort was very helpful and gracious. The 'welcome breakfast' was intended to sell you adventures/admissions but even that was low key and informative.

The 3 BR unit was on the ground floor and we were not bothered by noise but the unit seemed quite dark much of the time. That was really my only complaint. or disappointment The 2nd unit we had was on the top floor and it was light, bright, and had a nice view from the lanai. That is where we had our evening cocktails each night!

Kihei is a great town for teens: relatively inexpensive restaurants, shave ice and ice cream stands within walking distance (ok, a good walk, but still doable), great beaches, great surfing opportunities. We used Maui Surf Riders and the kids had a blast. It is easy to drive to other beaches-- our boys loved Big Beach for the boogie boarding , but the waves were a little big for the 10 year olds.

We would return to Worldmark Kihei in a heartbeat. Our kids actually preferred it to the "nicer" resort we stayed at in Ka'anapali. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Nor. Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Our family stayed at this resort last month. As an active family with two teenage boys it was an excellent location for us! Close to a nice beach, food, and activities. We were on the bottom floor, which was convient and nice until the large family moved in above us. I could have lived without the pounding little feet at all hours of the day/night, but they were careful to observe the "quiet hours". That is why I rated the sleep quality low, as a napper it was difficult to stay asleep with all the noise upstairs.
The staff was outstanding, the gounds clean, the pool amazing, the beds needed a little help. All and all we will definately be returning next year if we can book it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Staff was friendly and the location is super! The rooms are nice and large- perfect for a group of people wanting to stay together.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
StephEche
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I upgraded my Ownership through Timeshare Angels ( http://timeshareangels.com/ ) and one of the first vacations I took with the upgraded points was to this resort in the Summber of 2008.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Mostly used the rooms to just sleep because we were out and about for the majority of the time. I definitely recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

The Worldmark Maui Kihei was the location for a small family gathering. Five adults and two teenage girls in a 3 bedroom 2 bath suite. Imagine our surprise upon checking in when we were informed that there was no housekeeping! Nothing says vacation like cleaning your own bathroom! Oh, wait, if you want to clean your bathroom you need to go buy the supplies. The unit we had was a ground floor by the pool. The furnishings were timeshare typical and showing their age. The carpets were in desperate need of cleaning and being re-stretched. The TV was old and small & the glass on the coffee-table was missing. The cheesiest thing of all was that the dial to adjust the refrigerator coldness was missing and it was set on one, which wasn't keeping anything cold. So we called and a maintenance man came with the dial to make it colder. When we asked him to leave it so we could adjust it as needed, he said he only had the one! Are you kidding?! The room air conditioners were ridiculously loud and obtrusive.The window coverings were matchstick-type and didn't block the sodium lights from the parking lot at all. (Bring earplugs and a sleep mask!) Speaking of the parking lot, the spots are striped so tightly that people have to double park to open their doors. On the plus side, the pool area was nice and it was easy to walk to the ABC store and the strip malls nearby. They also did a good job of going door to door to notify us about the impending tsunami. However, based on my experience I would not return nor would I recommend to a friend. The lack of housekeeping and the shoddy condition of the suite turned me off entirely.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Worldmark? Share your experiences!