“Great room good view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Worldmark

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Worldmark
You added Worldmark to your Saves list
75 Alanui Ke Alii Drive, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #30 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great room good view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Got into the room 4:00 pm unable to get in early. Room was great (4304) 2 bedroom view of the ocean off of the balcony. Refrigerator was not cooling at first maintenance was there inside of 5 minutes to fix the problem. Beds were comfortable room was clean and had 3 air conditioners that all worked well. We cooked a lot of meals and had no problems with any of the appliances or the provided pots and pans. Our unit had 7 gas BBQ's located all around we never had to wait they were always clean. We ordered fresh towels 3 times and they showed up very quickly this was the only contact we had with the front desk. The beach was a 5 minute walk and has a fresh water wash station. The room was quiet and the blinds kept it dark. The only complaint I had was you can smell cigarette smoke from other balconies occasionally when you are on the balcony.

• Stayed April 2011

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

The location of this condo and the particular room we had was great. A one minute walk to the beach was really nice. The room was clean and had all the expected items. It is so great to be able to wash your clothes and cook a good meal. The barbeques were easily accessed from every room from what I could see. The pool area was nice and the check in staff were friendly. I was pleased to see a food bank donation box for any unopened items you had after your visit.

The three areas that need improvment are the Expedia Experts on staff for excursions, the Worldmark sales staff and the recycling situation. The Expedia experts were two very rude ladies. And that really stood out on this trip because everyone else on the whole island was so pleasant. I guess when you live in paradise you have a pretty good attitude. I don't know what happpened to these two ladies because they were sour. I felt like a scolded child by the time I got done giving them $800 for excursions instead like a valued customer. I actually had to interrupt one woman from her scolding me and just ask her to please give me what I had asked for, paid for and came for without the lecture. And the worldmark sales staff would not stop bothering me. We are members. We really like our membership. We know how to purchase more if we want to. We asked you to stop bothering us with sales pressure tactics. Should we really have to start dodging phone calls to the room just to avoid you? How could we have been any more clear? That has never happened at any other Worldmark condo we have visited. I hope it never happens again. It would be great if there were recycle bins in the kitchen or at least by the nearest dumpster. We had to haul our recycle across the complex and then sort it out into bins but they only had glass and plastic...not aluminum or paper.

Oh, one more item that I just thought of....the mattresses. And this is typical of all the Worldmarks I have stayed in. they are HARD and uncomfortable. Maybe in the next round of replacements they will upgrade to something better.

Taken all together this is still a fine place to stay and I really enjoyed myself. I got just what I knew was the Worldmark standard and I appreciated that. If I go back again I will avoid the Expedia Experts on staff and buy my excursions elsewhere. And I will refuse to be drawn into any conversations about "Owner Education"...even if they are holding my parking pass hostage! I was too polite and I won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed April 2011
UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

My relatives are members of Worldmark and we were guests with them for 9 days. We stayed in a 3 bed/2 bath unit with a fabulous view (8311) of the ocean. We watched whales everyday. We had 3 little ones with us (6, 2, <1). The units were comfortable and clean. Unlike other reviewers we had the cleaning crew come by twice while we were there to change our sheets and towels. The staff was friendly and helpful if we needed anything (towels, directions, etc). The pool is fine for all age groups and they have a kiddie pool off to the side. Just a note-wireless internet is by the pool only and you have to have a Worldmark account established to access it (didn't find that out until 3 days before I left). They do offer a hardwire internet box in the room for like $11/day. Parking was fine and there were no issue. No crime. I love that they and the island are so eco friendly and recycle everything. They have cans next to the main garbage for everything (plastic, cardboard, glass). I get mad when I see people not use it.
Noise was not an issue and we slept well. The air conditioners in the room are average and are not going to get real cold (just an FYI). On that note, our main air conditioner in the living room died mid week but the fan kept running. We just kept turning the temp down and down and down until finally we realized no cold air was coming out. Told the front desk that night and they sent someone up quickly. He couldn't find the problem so we suffered through it for that night. Turns out the break for the condenser (outside unit) is in a completely different unit (like 1 or 2 over from us) and the people staying in the unit before had problems with their remote for their air conditioner so they shut off breakers trying to fix it and never turned ours back on. Flip of the switch the next day and we were cooled off again.
ABC/Chevron store across the street. Beach is right there. Head south down the "main street" and you will find tons of little shops (Highly recommend the ice cream shop across from beach 3. They have 102 yogurt flavors!!).
Safeway 1.5 miles north. Use or get the cardmember discount. Seriously, saved me at least 35% each trip. As long as you don't buy brand name stuff all the time the prices aren't that much different then the mainland.
Before you go spend a lot of money on excursions take a day or two and go out on your own and swim or snorkle around. You will see all those FANCY boats come right where you are already at. They may be 50-100 yards away from you. I didn't go to Molokini Island or Turtle town- didn't need to. You see all that at the beaches anyways. There was an Expedia expert at the Worldmark to assist you with setting up excursions. I didn't go to a "presentation" or sit with them but listened to them with other guests and just rolled my eyes. It reminded me of a used car sales man "Let me get you the best trip out there with the best company at the best price". I won't lie- we used the Maui "Bluebook" and that thing is the best. It will tell you all the tricks of the island, where to go and not to go, and which companies to use or stay away from. I highly recommend buying it and reading it from the front and then skip to the sections you need. We went to probably over 12 beaches while there. There are a few good ones up north but mostly the beaches south of Kihei were best.
We did the Hana drive all the way....and I mean all the way around. Probably not recommended for a family. It took us about 11 1/2 hours from beginning to end and we didn't stop that much. A great view and fun time but very long. If you are going clockwise around and get to Hana..you're not even halfway. And yes, the road does turn to dirt/gravel with intermittent "patchwork" pavement for a bit (5 miles or so) on the very south end. FYI- the 7 sacred pools are in a park and you have to pay $10 to get in. Didn't know that until we arrived there.
I can't wait to go back to Maui and I would stay at the Worldmark again without any hesitation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Returned back home to reality today, and can't wait to return again. Stayed for ten days in a two bed/two bath unit with no view. And it had no view, but we were barely ever in the room so it didn't bother us. Drove to the top of Haleakala, did Big and Little Beach, a few visits into Lahaina for shopping and dinners, and a whale watching/snorkel cruise with the Pacific Whale Foundation was awesome. Did the Luau at the Hyatt Regency in Kaanapali and was very good. The lobby and grounds of the hotel itself were so beautiful to just walk around and see afterwards. The Worldmark resort itself is close to restaurants, shopping, beaches , and of course the ABC store :) Pool was great, fresh towels whenever we needed, and never too busy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Troutdale, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed there last August for 10 nights. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit on the 4th floor with a view of the parking lot and shot of the ocean.

The unit itself was dated (wished I would have taken pics of the room), and carpet needed to be cleaned. Other than that, it worked out fine for our group of 6. It was great having our own rooms! There were little gnats in the kitchen, (some may call these ant), didn't really bother us just made sure all counters were wiped and food put away. The kitchen has everything you would possibly need.

The front desk was very helpful. Responded quickly for a request of towels and called to check to make sure everything was o.k. I loved the "loan and borrow" room. Picked up boogie boards, chairs and towel mats everyday. On our last day, we left our air mattresses and air chairs for the next visitors to use. Tip: We returned our stuff at the end of each day, but realized other didn't do the same. Maybe next time, I would use it for the whole trip then return. Not sure what etiquette is in this situation.

The pool area is nice. Our son spent every night swimming until we dragged him out. Staff is always present to keep things neat and orderly. Decent work out room and computer room too.

Location is wonderful. Beach is across the street, stores are close by and several restaurants to choose from. Easy access to the main roads. We spent a lot of time at Maluaka Beach. Lots of turtles! Drove all over the island!

We really enjoyed Kihei.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We had a two bedroom unit /no view, but we still had a peek-a-boo view of the ocean through the palms and flowers. We enjoyed spending our time out on the Lanai watching the birds play in the foliage, while sipping our morning coffee. Our unit was very clean and the carpet was brand new. The staff called a couple of times to check on us to make sure we were happy with our accommodations, etc. We really enjoyed the area and the beach across the street was nice for swimming and watching the sunset. We explored the whole island and found we really liked the laid back vibe of Kihei.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
bay area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed at the Kihei resort for only 2 nights/3 days before heading to the other Worldmark location in Kahana. The room is a standard Worldmark room (clean, updated). We had a ground floor 1 bedroom with the lanai facing the hotel next door, but we weren't expecting much since we booked a "no view" room. The hotel had a band playing both nights so were able to enjoy the Hawaiian music from our room. The pool/spa area is a nice size. We never had a problem finding a chair. They also have a covered area where they do arts and crafts and have computers set up. We even saw a wedding reception held there.

We spent most of our time at Kamaole beach across the street. The beach is nice and large but be prepared for strong winds if you decide to go in the late afternoon. We paddle boarded at Cove Park and also visited Wailea beach.

We really enjoyed the Kihei area. It is very laid back compared to Lahaina and Kaanapali.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Worldmark? Share your experiences!