Here's why I loved staying here for almost 3 weeks
1. The high end furnishings, beautiful bed linens, towels, bath towels were immaculately clean and inviting.
2. The breakfasts every morning on the patio were varied every day, the combination of fruits (some exotic) and Susan's scrumptious home baking (those still warm blueberry muffins were my favourite) meant a treat to look forward to every morning.
3. After nightfall, the property was blissfully quiet.
4. The trees, tropical flowers and shrubs that grace the property were lovely to be surrounded by.
5. Your own parking spot off the street was convenient and handy. The trip to the town of Kihea was only a few minutes away.
6. The beach chairs, mats, towels that were available for your use made setting up a trip to the beach a 2 minute task, just pop them in your trunk and you are off. Susan has a special spot where you can drop off the towels after use, you don't even have to worry about washing them.
7. Speaking of laundry, it's a cumbersome task when travelling to find a local laundromat and spend time driving there and waiting there while washing your clothes. You are welcome to use the laundry facilities here and .....the laundry soap, bleach, stain remover and dryer sheets are provided. No running around town wasting half a day to do a couple of loads. When you stay here, that's means more beach time!
8.The kitchen was a delight, lovely appliances (full size fridge) and the cupboard is stacked with a generous supply of dishes, glassware, coffee, creamers, etc. The utensils include strong knives so that you can dig into some ribs or barbecued chicken without having to resort to a butter knife or plastic knife attack, which unfortunately I've had to do in one other location.
9. When you arrive, Susan gives you an in-depth briefing on the island of Maui, and goes over the highways, the sights and attractions that might be of interest to you, depending on your interests. She also gave me some great advice on which tour operator to use for the Road to Hana as well as which Rental Car Company she prefers.
10. Susan and Chuck already have thought of anything and everything that you might need so that you can have a wonderful stay. Best of all, they are on the premises and can help you with a question or request that might come up.
In my opinion, they could write a book on how to teach others to set up, run and maintain a top notch B&B. It's obvious that they have set the bar very high for taking care of their guests' every single wish and having stayed here, I certainly look forward to coming back in the future.
I would give them a 6th star because unfortunately I was sick (twice) during my stay. Chuck offered to drive to town for any prescriptions or anything that I needed at the drugstore. Susan gave me some feedback on the Maui Urgent Care office and Chuck later checked in on me two or three times a day to make sure that the infection that I picked up hadn't worsened.
It's difficult to be sick away from home and not able to be out there enjoying Maui's charms but I always knew that if my infection worsened that they would be right there to help me if I needed more medical care. That's deserving of at least one other star, perhaps even two!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.