“You must go!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 138 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Pub, Healthy, Vegan
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in the black glass building on the top of Lipoa Parkway on the left. Just drive into the parking lot and we are on the ground floor of the main lobby.
Red Deer, Canada
“You must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and were looking for a new place to eat one evening. Found Cafe Carmen on-line and decided to give it a try. All I will say is find this place and go eat there. Delicious food and incredibly accommodating staff. Another return spot for sure.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arlington, Virginia
“Not what I would have expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place feels like a sandwich shop in the basement of your office building. Brightly lit and all tiled. No ambiance at all. None. Zero. But, the service is charming and the food is excellent. It wasn't what we were looking for in Hawaii, but with more time, we would have returned.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean Shores, Washington
“Wonderful Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We visit Maui twice a year , one of the ways we stretch our vacation budget is to find places to eat that are not in the tourist mainstream. Cafe Carmen in Kihei is our new favorite, the food is fresh, tasty and presented in an attractive manner , the menu has something for everyone. We have not had dinner here, but next trip we will. The cafe is very cheerful and bright, a really nice place for a meal , lovely views of the golf course and ocean.
Cafe Carmen's customers seem to be the area business people and locals, evidently tourists are discovering the cafe, which we are sure is a good thing .
Cafe Carmen...in our opinion the best place on Maui, why spend $$$$ at a big resort when you have this lovely little place to go to.

Kihei, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go! Stop reading this review and Go to Cafe Carmen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My friend and I went for dinner last for the first time - delicious! Completely random location in the Tech Park, absolutely worth finding it. (And, who knew, we could see the ocean from our table!) Great service, friendly staff is only the start. We had the Thai style poke and pupu steak with kimchi for appetizers (both fantastic, great combinations of flavors in each), and even though those were starting to fill us up we knew we had order an entree each - the special spaghetti and then the pork belly - Amazing! But seriously, what are you still doing reading - go! Go!

Kihei, Hawaii
“Unique off the beaten path gem discovered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is that place you will recommend to your friends because you fell in love with it! Cafe Carmen is the sweetest little treasure of a cafe in Kihei, Hawaii on the Island of Maui. I discovered it one day and now I go there as often as possible. The food is fresh, the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus are all versatile and tasty.

The service is extraordinary. Since I come here so often, then know what I like and see me coming. I'm totally pleased with how well I am treated and how over the top they treat everybody.

Sometimes I just want a snack and there is plenty to choose from. Other times I am interested in a cold beer and full meal, and I get it here! The variety of food, beer and wine is awesome.

Don't miss this place... visit and stay for a while. You'll thank me for it.