“throwing out an A+” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Candy Land
“throwing out an A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

this is a hit and miss and I've written on them before claiming only one bad meal with about 40 tries. the options are wide with sushi, Korean food, bar and Karaoke. most locals love it and always return. barely busy on weekdays you can always get a table, weekends is when the locals come out. one of a few sushi bars open for lunch. sad seeing them so low here, I would put them as a top 15 for my pics in Kihei, more on the higher number side but definitely worth a try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
  • Korean first
“This place was a rip-off!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my first and last experience of going to this place. I went to eat at this place only because another place was totally crowded. This place had only a few people during dinner time. Now I understand why. Service was fast and ok. I guess it's because there were hardly any people in there. When seated, I looked at the menu. It has a very few selections. This place has sushi and yakiniku. We just ordered sushi. When we got our order, the sushi was almost the size of a half dollar! I was shocked to see how small it was! And the taste wasn't that great! Never more I'm coming to this place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Keep Driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here today after many hours on the beach. We both love sushi so we know good sushi. First walking in the door no one was at the door to seat us. Finally getting seated we got the food quickly. We ordered 5 different rolls. We got the first 2 rolls and tried them we wished we could have stopped the other 3. The other 3 where below average as well. There are other better places, just go to those.

Vancouver, BC
“Will not return ... Read on”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After service that was less than satisfactory, we returned to our vacation condo, low and behold by 10 PM I was hit with one of the worst food poisoning cases I have ever experienced. After being violently ill I was left weakened for two days. We had eaten a sampling of sushi dishes. Suffice to say we will never return to Isana Restaurant in Kihei.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“Overpriced and over-hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Don't be fooled, it's overpriced, overcrowded and way over-hyped. The food was average and service was average as well. I think they advertise themselves as, "Sexy" or "Romantic" but frankly those words just don't come to mind when I think of this place.

Visited June 2012