“Delicious Authentic Food in Super Casual Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Rhode Island
“Delicious Authentic Food in Super Casual Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I were tired and hungry after traveling to Maui several months ago. We luckily found Pita Paradise, a counter-cafe. A very charming Meadow waited on us and suggested to try the Ono Pita and that it was the last one left. She explained that the owner catches all fish that is offered. Well it was so fresh-tasting, light, and delicious that I would have had another if I had not already eaten the last one that they had. This place is SUPER casual, almost a beach shack although not on the beach. KIds will love it for that reason and parents will love it for the great food, great service, and reasonable price. Wishing we had a Pita Paradise her in RI!

• Visited December 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Always a highlight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our family loves this restaurant - always great food and service. We recommend this place to everyone, especially for lunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“My high hopes were dashed:”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I got the veggie plate: Greek salad, falafel, hummus, Taiji and roasted potatoes. With a beer came to almost $20, which would have been okay, I guess, IF the food was outstanding...alas, the falafel was gummy, and the hummus dry...the potatoes were good, but I came to enjoy vegetarian middle eastern food, which, I might add, isn't that hard to make...iMHO if you bomb On the two main parts of the dish, you bomb. The cashiers were nice enough(no wait service) except when the gyal came out to wipe tables she asked if everything was okay...I told her the falafels were gummy, and she said "you mean kind of underdone?" I said ya and she said ya, in agreement...no offer to fix or replace. Ten minutes later a guy came out and again asked if the falafels were not good, I again explained they were undercooked...he said they get in a hurry sometimes and then the falafels end up gummy. He did offer to recook min, but there was only a bite left at that point as I had arrived overly hungry. Still no offer to replace or refund even though all agreed the falafel wasn't right...my one and only visit for sure!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Kihei
“Yummy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just had a Greek Salad in a Pita with Chicken. Super Super yummy. I have no idea what they put on their chicken but is was flavorful. Their Pita's are so big that I have to eat a little of inside before I can wrap it up and bit it. It's a little pricey but I would eat here again.

There are two location one in Kihei and one in Wailea. I like the Kihei location better. I feel that you get more on your plate for less in price. It is a "hole in the wall" location but well worth it. If you wanted a nice sit down lunch/dinner with wait staff then the Wailea location would be better.

San Jose
“Yummy, but a bit pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food was great here! I had the fresh caught fish of the day on skewers. It was delicious. But I can't ever forget the baklava ice cream! It was delicious! My bf had the chicken fettucchine and it tasted very fresh. The sauce was great. The service was also great. The staff was attentive and was able to provide us with recommendations. My bf had the chicken fettucchine and it tasted very fresh.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere