“Worth the search...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth the search...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place is a bit hard to find, but it is worth the search if you are looking for some healthy lunch options! It is tucked away in a corner of a strip mall directly across the beach, so it makes a great spot to pick up a picnic lunch. I highly recommend calling and/or checking hours before going out because they were often closed unexpectedly.

I am a health conscious eater and this is one of the few places that had several really yummy options for me to choose from. Since I am so used to choosing from just one or two relatively bland option on the menu, you can imagine how thrilled I was to discover this place.
It's a bit pricey overall but given what it is I think it's totally worth it!!

I would recommend taking your meal to go and eating on the beach, as its not much of a sit down place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Geneva
“Perfect place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Joys place is just across the street from the beach and open from breakfast to lunch. We had lunch there 4 out of 7 days while visiting Maui and even my husband enjoyed the food ;) The sandwiches are packed with veggies and the smoothies are a nice treat. Please also be sure to try their amazing kale chips!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“We paid for the great quality healthy food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recommended by a local friend when we were visiting Joy's did not let us down. We ate something from there everyday, even if it was only coffee. The food is a bit pricey but this is more than your basic grab and go attitude toward food. The decor is basic but the food is clean and fresh. They are a "live food" supplier to Whole Foods and similar stores so the quality is good. My favorite was the Acai 3 Berry Bowl. Someone nearby has unsecure wi-fi. Plenty of parking and restrooms are nearby. Walking distance from gorgeous sunsets. I shared a menu since I could not get the one on their website to open.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maui, Hawaii
“Joy's Place Natural Foods for the new Millennium..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Joy's place is a small place tucked away a bit in Kihei, but you can find it. Joy is someone I know personally who cares about the quality of food that people are eating and that actually is quite important to me, being a health food type person with a Masters Degree in Wholistic Health. The prices are high, I am not going to lie, but sometimes it's worth it. You decide. I love the turkey sand. and I usually get a half order.

Visited May 2012
Hawaii
“Healthy eating.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food is really good. Pricing is a little high for only a sandwich

Visited May 2012

Been to Joy's Place? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Joy's Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.