“Grear experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic
“Grear experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had an amazing lesson with Kyle Olson! Couldn´t wish for more! Everyone was very nice and tried to help me up! I felt very comfortable about asking for help and sharing my success with everyone in the group! It was my first time and I would recommend it to everyone!

Visited August 2014

“Good Morning and good practice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I had an 8am lesson with two others. Not a lot of pressure, a lot of one on one attention and got to stand on the board many times and practice the basics. Kyle Olson was our instructor and he was great at easing us into catching our own waves. He had good tips as we came back for more rides and even suggested some fun stuff as we got better (like 180's and surfing together on the same board).

“Great Surf Lesson!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had an 8 a.m. surf lesson with Kyle Olson. Could not have been more pleased. The shop was easy to find, we had a quick lesson, and hopped in the water for some fun. Kyle was a great instructor and it was an experience I would absolutely recommend.

White Rock
10 attraction reviews
“Not the greatest for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Decided to try a surfing lesson with our 13 year old.
Neither of us had surfed before.
Signed up with these guys and there were 4 of us in total for our class.
Dry land lesson was so-so. It's pretty basic so not much to teach I guess but the guy just assumed everyone could swim which I suppose you should but I don't think they should assume that.
Headed into the water and it was very crowded. We were nervous about running into other people in the water with our boards and were told not to worry about it. Meanwhile I got bashed in the thigh with someone's board and my daughter had her head hit pretty hard. While we did all get up at least once the waves were a bit much for my daughter and she got bashed about a lot by both the waves and other surfers. It was hard for me to keep an eye on her and our instructor did a poor job of it. In fact an instructor from another school ended up helping her and scolded our instructor for not paying attention to her.
She got so tumbled about and hit by other surfers that we headed in 30 minutes early, I told our instructor we might head in if I could find my daughter in the surf and he didn't really seem to care. When we returned our boards to the shop the guy in the shop asked how we did and I told him it was ok, that my daughter got bashed about too much and his only comment was that it was part of surfing. Perhaps but it also has to be enjoyable to want to do it again.
We do want to try surfing again but would do it with another outfit. I think these guys take the Maui laid back attitude a bit too far for young kids and newbies on a very crowded surf.

Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
“Surfing 101”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I took my two kids and myself for surfing lessons here one morning. It was great. We were up and surfing for 1 1/2 hours. Our instructor was Mike and he was GREAT. Really. He took great care of my kids and me too. Lessons were reasonable and shop is very laid back. I would go back in a second.

Visited April 2014