“Outstanding Private Photo Tour - Goal is to make you a better photographer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Photo Tours

Ranked #41 of 83 activities in Kihei
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We combine an island tour with a photography workshop. While driving we talk about camera operations, image design, and composition. We help people learn how to use the rule of thirds, framing, lines of repetition, s-curves in order to create stunning landscape portraits rather than typical vacation happy snappies. We cater to individuals and small groups.
Ankeny, Iowa
41 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Private Photo Tour - Goal is to make you a better photographer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I could not decide between the sunrise or sunset tours, so I signed up to take an all-day (15 hour) private photo tour with Doug on July 8th. I have taken online photo courses as well as read a number of photography books, but I was really looking for guidance to take my photography to the next level. Doug was a great coach throughout the day challenging me to always look for the keys to a successful photo prior to even taking a single picture. By the end of the day, we were both seeing the same photo elements popping out of the landscape as we moved along – this was the most rewarding part of the entire experience.

I ended up with a number of shots that I would not have even thought of taking without Doug's coaching. I was so excited about the gorgeous shots I had gotten that I ended up staying up for several more hours to process and send to friends and family back in Iowa.

If you want great Maui scenery photo opportunities, you can find them everywhere on the island. If you also want to become a better photographer, I highly recommend taking a private photo tour with Doug.

Visited July 2012

Been to Maui Photo Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Maui Photo Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later