“Lovely evening at Manoli's” 5 of 5 stars

808-874-7499
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manoli's Pizza Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 137 restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Alanui
Transit: Yes, there is a bus stop about 200 feet form the restaurant
Description: Manoli's Pizza Company was created with family in mind. My father, Manoli Placourakis, was born in 1925 and raised on the largest of all the Greek Islands, Crete...where the weather and water are beautiful year- round, where seafood, vegetables, and fruit are plentiful and where the bread, cheese and wine are all handcrafted, the old fashioned way. Rhonda and I are raising our son, named after my father and born on Maui in 2004, on a beautiful island with similar qualities to my father's birthplace. This leads us to Manoli's Pizza Company. Our fare here at Manoli's is centered on fresh, organic, and sustainable products whenever possible in crafting all of our pizzas, salads, and even when choosing the wines on our list. Manoli's is where healthful, flavorful foods and beverages come together in a place where friends and family meet. As 'big Manoli' used to say, "Treat your friends like family and your family like friends".​ Mahalo Aaron Placourakis
Seattle
“Lovely evening at Manoli's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying at Elua Village, we kept seeing Manoli's as we drove in and out of the area, and were intrigued by the location (NOT part of a hotel or strip mall), its potential for evening views, and how pretty it looked at night all lit up. Decided to walk up there our last night, after a quick glance at recent reviews. We were very pleased with everything. It was in crowded and we had a pleasant table at the "rail" to catch the breeze. We love thin crisp crust pizza, and this was perfect. Had the personal trainer pizza, and highly recommend it (with a few shakes of Parmesan and red pepper flakes). Our green salad with arugula and tomatoes was huge, very fresh and perfectly dressed. Very reasonable dinner, delicious, and lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
toronto
“never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came to eat here because from the outside it looks really nice, and pizza I their main deal. It was very disappointing: The hostess with the buff arms was openly talking smack with a waitress about someone on staff right in front of us (I don't want to hear your drama when I came to enjoy a nice meal). The service was sloooooooooooooooooooow, the food was nothing special. My beer took forever, it's a miracle I ate it with the pizza, not after, and buff-arms lady didn't even bother to say goodbye or thank you as we left, which is straight up rude, and doesn't really jive with the vibe the place is trying to project.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“great pizza, service, view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

4 of us are visiting Maui and this was our first night out, and didn't want a "fancy" restaurant, but wanted good food and service. Well, we found it at Manolis in Wailea. Waiter was Jeremiah, and he was as charming as could be, and the pizzas and caesar salads we ordered were great, in fact, probably some of the best thin crust pizza I've ever tasted! And, I had a "red dirt rita", and it was so good I had two! Extremely friendly staff...you can't go wrong eating here. And, contrary to the review I just read, the view is terrific and we were definitely covered in case in rained.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Upscale setting with average prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a local pizza place to take a break from fancy dinners with high prices. We walked to Manoli's from the Grand Wailea Hotel, but thought we got lost because the place didn't look like a regular pizza joint. Sitting on the overlooking the ocean, with plentiful outdoor seating and tiki torches, I am guessing this used to be an upscale restaurant that went broke.

We have the Personal Trainer pizza with a nice thin crust loaded with chicken, avocado , artichoke hearts and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Delicious! $22 for a large we couldn't finish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Healthy Organic Pizza & Yummy Dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

First: Be aware that the garlic bread is a rip-off. It's $4.00 for 4 small pieces of homemade garlic bread, and one piece was the heel. Even for Hawaii, that's high. (But check out dessert, below.) The portions of the other food that we ordered were a little small, but the organic crust pizzas and the spaghetti and meatballs tasted very good, our eager eaters agreed. The best thing, I think, was the Cookies 'n' Cream dessert. "A slice of our fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream." I thought of this dessert as a large, thin, pie-shaped wedge of chocolate brownie with small swirls of chocolate and caramel sauce on the side and a big scoop of yummy vanilla ice cream on top.I don't know if my description does it justice, but at $4.00, this was a really delicious bargain. Forget the Garlic Bread. Use that $4.00 for the Cookies 'n' Cream.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Manoli's Pizza Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Manoli's Pizza Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.