We stayed in the Ocean Suite, which is the larger of the two rooms in the main house. The room is quite spacious, airy, clean and comfortable, and the private patio is lovely. We enjoyed our "happy hours" on the common deck, with a panoramic view of the sun setting into the sea, and our breakfasts on our secluded patio, surrounded by flowering ginger. The landscaping around the house is very lovely. Tom & Denise were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts adequate, if uninspired. The house is located in a comfortable neighborhood and is easy to find and central to most of the things we wanted to do.
The main downside for us was the inadequate cooking facility. The "kitchenette" is a counter in a closet with a toaster oven, coffee maker and tiny refrigerator that balks at making ice. The kitchenware consists of 2 plates, 2 place settings of silverware, and a couple of glasses and mugs. The outdoor kitchen, which our hosts kindly made available to us, has a good sink, a microwave, barbeque and a very few extra items of kitchenware. It was a challenge to get any food prepared at all. Fortunately, everything tastes better in Hawai'i.
Next downside for us was that you have to drive everywhere. The neighborhood is nice, but it is far from quiet, and our contemplation of the sunset was generally punctuated by lawnmowers and barking dogs. You have to get in the car to go for a drink, a walk on the beach or a bag of ice.
The only other problem was that the reading light was terrible. I tried everything to get enough light for my middle aged eyes, and finally ended up using a booklight.
Since these three issues are very important to us, we would probably not stay at Dreams Come True on Maui again, although we very,very highly recommend the B&B for every other aspect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Come True on Maui is the perfect vacation hideaway. A tropically landscaped 1/2 acre estate offering a one-bedroom ocean view vacation cottage and two Bed and Breakfast suites. Just around the corner from Maui's finest beaches yet away from the busy strip of hotels and condos. Maui County Bed and Breakfast Permit number State of Hawaii Transient Accommodation Tax License ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Dreams Come True on Maui Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Come True On Maui Hotel Kihei
- Dreams Come True On Maui b&b
- Dreams Come True On Maui Bed And Breakfast Kihei