“Location. Service. And FOOD FOOD FOOD!” 5 of 5 stars

808 633 4220
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kono's on the Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 137 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lipoa
Olympia
“Location. Service. And FOOD FOOD FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Was fortunate enough to have a sunset dinner of appetizers and wine here about two weeks ago. The view of the golf course and the sunset were stunning. The food was to die for, especially the slow cooked ribs with the meat falling off the bone. I want some right now! Kono has really put something special together. Great location and view, excellent and friendly service, and some seriously good food! The waiter suggested a great bottle (or two) of wine and the rest is history my friends! I will definitely be visiting Kono again next time I'm in Maui :)

“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My Wife And I Are Kihei Residents And This Is One Of Our Favorites. Personally We Have Always Gotten Great Food And Service At Great Prices. My Favorite Time To Go Is Happy Hour As I Can Honestly Say That They Have The Best Chixken Wings On The Island Amd Blue Moon On Tap. Dinner Is Great There Too Amd Dont Miss The Sushi! Always Seems To Be Fresh And Flavorful.

• Visited March 2013
Kihei, Hawaii, United States
“Picturesque Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister came to visit me and we ate at Kono's on The Green. Talk about a view! We sat outside overlooking the golf course, with great jazz music playing, sipping wine and taking in the Maui sunset. This restaurant has it all: great wine selection, diverse menu at a reasonable price point, and friendly service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food...good music...and beautiful view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my first time at Kono's on the Green, for happy hour. I have to say that the night I went to Kono's was one of my favorite nights on Maui. I went with my family and we sat outside on the patio, enjoyed the sunset while listened to live jazz music. The ambiance was perfect, and even better was the food! The sushi was fresh and delicious, but my favorite were the ribs...just melts in your mouth! I would highly recommend Kono's on the Green for anyone who wants to try a dining experience to engage all of your senses!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“We were hoping to have a great time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I took my sister to dinner for her birthday. Before I went I asked one of my co-worker how was the food. He said it was good and priced resonably. So we went me & my family. The service was soooo painfully slow and not very good. Our waitress forgot to bring another beer my nephew requested; then as she was going around our table taking our order she forgot to take his (my nephews) order. The pizzas were good. The sushi was decent. I had the scallops with the prawns it would of been really good if it weren't over cooked. The meat dishes were tender just needed to be seasoned better. Took forever to get our food. They had live music that night but after they were done didn't have any music on in the dinning room it felt like when they're closing the restuarant. It had like a boring atmosphere I mean we would have gone earlier but our food was still cooking. You know the one thing is is that half the people on our table including myself work in the restuarant business. So we know that when gratuity is automatically added to our check equals crappy service "we know". When we see servers & cooks standing around with their hands on there hips amd we still don't have our food "we know". Just because we are local doesn't mean we are naive. We know what's up. Just wish that our experience were better even decent especially what your charging for the food. I really wanted ro promote this restuarant and people who i've told that I was coming here to eat ask me to tell them if it was good or not....well? Until they have better service and retrain their line cooks I might give them another chance.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
mauiantonios, Manager at Kono's on the Green, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for trying Kono's. Unfortunately there were a few glitches that we had produced that night which ended up giving you a unsatisfactory experience with us. My most humble and deepest apology. I have since spoken with all that were involved and made the neccesary adjustments that were needed. Be reassured that in no way was this an incident of not taking care of the locals. We value our local family visits because you are what keeps us going throughout the year. I for one will not tolerate that kind of bad atitude. As we begin winding down from our busy season, I notice this at a lot of places here maybe it's relaxing too much. However I have reinforced to everyone, that now more than ever because we are in our slower season we need to keep on our toes. Once again my most huble apologies, and we hope to see you soon again here at Kono's. Aloha