“How did I miss this place last year” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 142 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Saskatoon
“How did I miss this place last year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great food from a truck. I had driven by several times last year and noticed the lineups. After looking at the reviews on tripadvisor I made it a point to visit this year. My daughter and I tried the shrimp on two occassions and pulled pork on another. Both were excellent. The servings were generous and cooked to perfection. We both thought the mac salad and coleslaw were great. They seem to be there from mid morning to well into the evening. The staff are very friendly and carry on a good discussion while they are preparing your meal. I was told they are going to have another location down by Kam 3. They will see me next year.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“um...yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Coming from a city that has a pretty extensive list of food trucks, including a truck that sells fresh Maine Lobster rolls on Park avenue, I was excited to find out there was a food truck that serves seafood, near the beach in Kihei. Prices are great, they are generous with the amount of food and the wait was not long at all. I had the panko crusted Mahi, coconut shrimp and omg, the calamari. I dream of having that calamari again. These were not chewy rings, these were fresh, delicious, in fact, when I got my order, I thought they had given me fish by accident, because I'd never had fresh calamari like this ever before. (For the record, their calamari is cut into filets.) Fantastic seafood on the beach, I love it!

Alamosa, Colorado
“Fast and Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Awesome little truck off the side of the road. I don't mind paying high price if the food is worth it. This definitely is. $12 per plate for 6 large shrimp, Mac salad and cole slaw. Can take it across the street and eat at the beach or picnic tables. Loved every bite and will go back again!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nanaimo, Canada
“It is worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

It is worth finding, worth waiting (although we did not have a long wait) and worth every dollar. We sought out this food truck only because of recommendations from other reviewers. It was easy to spot from kihei road and we had a lovely chat with the owner while she was preparing our food. We had the coconut shrimp and the pork. Both were fantastic and we had so much food that we ended up with enough for lunch again the next day. Btw, I later realized after reading a historic book about Hawaii that the side scoops of rice, macaroni and slaw goes back many years ago when restaurants were being established. That was kind of cool!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great food truck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just a short walk from Maui Coast Hotel or beach. We ordered our lunch and then took it to a pinic table at the beach. My husband had the panko ahi and I had the coconut shrimp. Both were good with sauces that really made the dishes! The sides are average-cold mac salad could use more flavor-something to match the fabulous entrees. Good prices compared to other restaurants. Overall, I would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food