“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

808-270-3318
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever dreamed of snorkeling with a Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle or paddling among North Pacific Humpback Whales during calving season? Well look no further as Aloha Kayaks Maui can turn your dreams into realities. We offer kayaking trips for all ages and abilities that lead you to some of the hidden jewels of Maui, all the while creating a minimal impact on our oceans. Years of experience and 5 star service is what you get when you book a trip with Aloha Kayaks Maui.
Roebuck, South Carolina, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fantastic experience. Griff and Peter are very personable. Griff was our guide. As an owner operator of Aloha Kayaks, it was definitely a different experience from other kayak tours we took. My wife and I took our 8 and 10 year old sons on this adventure. We all enjoyed it immensely. Griff took us out in the channel and we had humpback whales surfacing from right under our kayaks. He took the time to make sure we got our fill of watching this amazing show. Never felt rushed or pushed along like we were on a tour. Then we went along the shore and snorkeled with sea turtles. Griff was in the water snorkeling and pointing out all the creatures of the reef. Great experience for our kids and us. Thanks Griff!

Kihei, Hawaii
“A Maui must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had the most amazing tour with Griff today in Makena. As an experienced concierge and longtime resident of Maui, I have tried nearly every activity on the island. I can say with complete confidence that this is my favorite and most recommend tour along with the Road to Hana & Haleakala Sunrise. Griff is extremely knowledgeable, funny, and engaging. It is so nice to see a guide with so much passion for nature, that wants to have fun, and doesn't stick you to a constrained timeline. We saw numerous humpback whales that I have never seen so close up! I also had so much fun snorkeling with the green sea turtles and tropical fish. Another reason why I recommend this tour is that it is an intimate adventure unlike the many large snorkel boats with hoards of people. If you want a true experience of the beautiful marine life on Maui, I highly recommend this tour. You will not be disappointed!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Epic water sport adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Aloha Kayaks Maui gave me so many unforgettable experiencing on the water. One of the owners name Griff was my kayak , snorkel and paddle boarding guide. The first day I did the kayak snorkel trip where we saw whales breaching out of the water like 20 yards from my kayak. It's one of those moments that I will keep with me forever. Such a beautiful experience being that close to nature. Griff is a great guide he has a great sense of humor, extremely knowledgable about the history of Hawaii and the sea life. His main goal is that everyone get what they desire while out on the ocean while respecting and protecting the sea life. In one kayak trip it includes kayaking out into perfect water, whale watching in session , snorkeling with beautiful fish and turtles and fresh cut pineapple. As far as my paddle boarding experience Griff was very helpful in building confidence in me to become an official paddle boarder. On our excursion into the ocean we saw 9 make humpback whales fighting and jumping in and out of the water to win over a female whale they were all hoping to mate with. It's was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen ! Epic! These beautiful mammals dancing together in the water. My experiences with Aloha Kayaks Maui was by far the highlight of my trip! It's a must do! Make sure to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen!

Kula, Hawaii
“An adventure not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Griff at Aloha Kayaks provides an AMAZING experience. He is very knowledgeable about marine ecology, Hawaiian culture and kayak enjoyment and safety - and his personality is warm and friendly. This is an experience not to be missed while visiting Maui!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I had an incredible morning with Peter. We couldn't have asked for better conditions or a better experience. We saw multiple humpbacks so many that we stayed out longer then the tour was supposed to go, this just goes to show how committed they are to providing a great experience. The snorkel was amazing with countless turtle sightings. The trip is filled with culture and I cannot recommend it enough.