“We loved the Maui Kamole!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Maui Kamaole
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2777 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #8 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Southern CA
“We loved the Maui Kamole!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

We just returned from a fantastic vacation in Maui. We loved our condo! It made our trip so........much more pleasurable!

The furnishings and decorations were very beautiful. The condo was immacuately clean (no musty smell that I read in other reviews). Just a little hint, I called 2 months before our arrival and requested that we get a newer updated condo. I guess that did the trick because ours was gorgeous. I got a chance to peek in our neighbors unit and it was still very nice, but the furnishings were not as up to scale as ours. I also checked out an open house for a unit that was for sale, and it was also very beautiful.

We still ate out everyday (after all we were on vacation), but it was nice to wake up and make breakfast in a beautiful kitchen (with all...of the essentials you need down to the dishwasher soap), everyday before we went out for the days adventure.

Our unit also had a closet full of boogie boards, beach chairs, beach towels, kids toys and books, and more. These owners went above and beyond!!

I could go on and on.........!!!We are planning on going back in 3 or 4 months and I hope we get to stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

Our group arrived in June and we had two ocean view condo's. What a nice place!! The complex was not really near the ocean, but, the sunset and view of other islands made up for it. I stayed in J-214 and it was very nice, with nice furniture and appliances. My sisters group had the same view, but, they didnt have quite the nice furnishings that we had. [I-212]
The check in was simple and people were very friendly. One important note* if you have more than one vehicle, it costs extra for parking and the spots are hard to find. I recommend this place very highly.
There was one downside, but, it didnt actually affect me, but it did the other people in my group. The people who actually reside in the complex are rude, bossy, and prone to worry about the weekly guests more than the fact that they live in Maui. If children get a little too loud in the pool areas, residents come out and harrass them. This was at 2pm that I witnessed it, and I believe thats rediculous. If you left your bathroom vent running, people would come to your door and tell you to turn it off. The owners charge a lot of money for people to stay here. People on vacation tend to party and play hard, it should be allowed for. B. Allen Texas

• Stayed June 2005
Calgary, AB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

The Maui Kamaloe was a good place to stay but would rather stay at a hotel as we did not use the condo facilities. The condo unit was good a little dated and had a musty smell but it was clean, well kept and the grounds very well taken care of. Would recommend it as condos go but think twice if you want of need a condo, as it is more work then you think. Do you want to be at Safeway or cooking on your holidays even renting beach chairs and hauling them down to the beach park it was work. If you are like us and go to All Inclusive resorts for holidays it is a bit of a different holiday and for the price could have stayed at a good hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

My husband, sister, and I stayed at the Maui Kamaole for a week (5/31-6/06) and loved it! Having read all the reviews on this web site, we asked in advance for a newly remodeled unit (the higher the letter, the newer the unit) and ended up in M-building. The condo was clean, spacious, updated, and had more amenities than we could use in a week.

***NEW INFO on Maui Kamaole*** I read every review and even went to the hotel website and couldn't find the following information, so here it is: All bath, kitchen, and beach towels were provided (although we were glad we had a set b/c we had to check out at 10 a.m. but didn't fly out until 8 p.m.), as well as all bedding. There is no daily maid service included in the price. There were no condiments in the fridge (we dated and left ours, however) but there were basic things like cooking oil and seasonings. Our condo had a sun umbrella, mats, chairs, two coolers, (broken) boogie boards and basic snorkeling equipment. We also had a DVD and VCR player. We tried to check in early and check out late - but the management would not allow either. Lastly, the sofa bed was okay for one, but two would have been unbearable.

Basic Maui tips: I can't imagine not having a car. Kam III, across from the condo, is a fine beach, but there are so many and they are so different! Drive to Kapalua for swimming, Polo Beach in Wailea for boogie boarding, Ulua Beach (as well as others) for snorkeling, and Black Rock for jumping off cliffs into the ocean! The food in grocery stores is expensive but not THAT bad. For those of you who want to sail your own catamaran - we did lots of research and thought this was impossible in Maui but it's not! Go to the Renaissance Wailea and they rent them for $50/hour. The LUAU at the MAUI PRINCE was a colossal waste of money - it was so bad! For $75/person my expectations were something authenic, great food - it was cheesy and the food was sub par. It was the one disappointment in our trip. Take yourself out for an expensive dinner or two instead.

indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2005

We liked the complex, beautiful landscape and nice pools. However, our condo was not attractive at all. It came with all the necessary amenities but everything in the condo was old, items such as towels, knives, and bedding should have been replaced years ago. We had to empty the dishwasher when we arrived (am not happy about that). I was a little grossed out by the kitchen utensils. You can get better looking pots and pans from a garage sale. However, living in the condo made us feel like residents rather than tourists. It was a good experience.

• Stayed May 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2005

Ok, so its been a few years since my last visit but I can tell you that the Maui Kamaole was truely a nice place to stay. Understand that all the condos are individually owned so the interiors vary from unit to unit. We stayed in the Anthurium cluster, #115, just as you drive in. We had an ocean view off the front lanai. Table, chairs, lounges and a perfect view. Ours was clean and nicely furnished including all the needs in the kitchen. One bedroom, two full baths and a private patio in back as well.
Staying in Kihei is cheaper than staying in Wailea with the resort rates. In the past I have stayed at the Rennaissance Wailea and absolutely loved it but it can be very pricey compared to the Maui Kamaole. The nice thing about having a condo compared to a hotel room is the kitchen. You can save much $ cooking your own breakfast/lunch and then go out for a nice dinner in the resorts or any of the many places along Kihei Road. Maui Tacos and Alexanders are two of my favorites for lunch or an inexpensive dinner.
You are on the edge of Kihei with a short drive into Wailea to use the beaches. We parked at the Renaissance and walked through the lobby as if we were guests and never had a problem.
As for the Luas, once youve been to one, youve been to them all. I dont bother anymore. Check to find where Jamie Lawrence is playing in Wailea. Beautiful acoustic Hawiian music to enjoy with a cocktail and sunset. Very romantic. Dont bother with the snorkle rentals at the resorts either. Check into Snorkle Bobs or some of the other dive shops. Rentals for the week are inexpensive.

Bugs? All my trips to the islands and I remember seeing one bug...and that was on Front St. Yes it was big!...but its the tropics. Bugs are part of the deal.

If you want to stay in a great location and save some money, I recommend the Maui Kamaole. Ust the cash to upgrade your rental car to a convertable! Its worth it.

• Stayed April 2001

Been to Maui Kamaole? Share your experiences!