“Perfect studio” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Calgary , Alberta
“Perfect studio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2005

I was lucky enough to be the first visitor in DGO1 owned by a wonderful gal.She had a lovely gift basket set up for me and recommended some great restaurants and surfing company for lessons and even helped me find some great art. It was an extremely clean,safe and private place which was very important to me as I was a solo traveller. Having some of the best beaches in Maui just a short stroll across the road was awesome. Great coffee shop and restaurants all within a block. If you are looking for just one or two people on a budget (ie huge kitchen to cook, washer and dryer in suite,shower pressure good)and want to enjoy the entire island of Maui outdoors vs spending entire trip in a touristy resort hotel, this is a perfect home base. I also stayed upcountry for half of my stay (also lovely) but my next trip I'll definately stay the whole time in DGO1!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lebanon, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2005

We stayed 9 days in room C620 and it was great. The studio apartment was clean and perfect for us. The air-conditioner was a little small but I did ok. The price was unbeatable including a kitchen and washer/dryer. We rented a Jeep and had a blast all over the island. We went completely around both volcanos and that was great fun. When we did the road to hanna, it was extremely cool to take the top down and see the beauty. We stayed the night just past Hanna close to the Venus pool and that was good also. Went down the "unpaved road" and that was a lot of fun also. I don't think there was much that we missed.
Steve

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

My boyfriend and I checked in there in September and were a little nervous seeing how some travel agencies had rated it as a 2.5 star location. We were so surprised and loved every part of our stay there! The buildings are very well kept and clean, pool was clean and NEVER busy which was great and the location is across from a fabulous beach! I would recommend the unit to anyone - ours was very clean and homey. I think there is always the potential 'risk' while staying in a condo unit that each unit can vary so much between unit owners but I think anyone who could afford a condo in Maui would take relatively good care of it. We plan on returning as soon as possible!

• Stayed September 2005
Sacramento,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

We went to Maui to have a great,cheap vacation, not to spend time in the room. Other than the god awful bed, the room was absolutly great. Ocean view,clean, and in Hawaii. It was centrally located in Kihei. I would stay here again, but in another room that would hopefully have a better bed.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Kihei Akahi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kihei Akahi

Address: 2531 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753
Location: United States > Hawaii > Maui > Kihei
Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #39 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Kihei Akahi 2.5*
Across from Kamaole Beach Park II, this condominium complex is 1 mile from Wailea Golf Club's Blue Course, 2 miles from the Shops at Wailea, and 10 miles from the Maui Ocean Center. Across from Kamaole Beach Park II, this condominium complex is 1 mile from Wailea Golf Club's Blue Course, 2 miles from the Shops at Wailea, and 10 miles from the Maui Ocean Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kihei Akahi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kihei Akahi Hotel Kihei
Kihei Akahi Maui

If you own or manage Kihei Akahi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.