“YUMMY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 143 Restaurants in Kihei
Waialua, Hawaii
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I so wish I had started going here on my first day so I could have gone more than once- very very yummy with lots to choose from.

Visited February 2013
Valerie K, Owner at Ono Gelato Kihei, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you, so much for the review, I am glad you enjoyed our gelato!

Seattle
“Our dessert after tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Since this is located in walking distance from our favorite fish taco place, we came here twice for dessert. Although we wouldn't say that they are the best gelatos ever, they are very good, and there are many flavors, including local ones. The waffle cones are all right--I'd say go with the cup unless you really want to try the waffle cones. The waffle bowl actually made eating the waffle harder, but we wanted two scoops, which the waffle cone can't handle (for a small size).

If you are in the neighborhood, definitely go in. You can sample flavors, too.

We were able to get a free waffle cone when we checked-in and there was a $10 for $5 deal on Yelp when we went. Worth checking some of the dining apps beforehand! And on Mondays and Tuesdays, if you buy one pint, you get the second one for cheaper (can't remember the exact percentage).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Valerie K, Owner at Ono Gelato Kihei, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback.

We have just started making our cones from scratch so that is a good note, we will increase the size enough to fit a double scoop;)

The pint special on Mondays and Tuesdays is buy one pint and get the other 1/2 price. It is by far our best deal of the week!
Seattle, Washington
“A light treat on a hot day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have tried gelato, so I have no comparison. It's definitely lighter than ice cream and the perfect treat for the heat. They have lots of favors - I tried coffee crunch and coconut. Both were very good. They also have souvenirs you can buy - perhaps the most intriguing is their flavored sugars. They had vanilla, mango and lavender sugar in jars for sale. I'm not much of a sugar eater at home so I did not buy any, but would have otherwise. I would definitely recommend a stop in here.

Valerie K, Owner at Ono Gelato Kihei, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am so glad you enjoyed our gelato. Those sugars are a lot of fun I like to use the lavender in my tea and the mango, coconut or vanilla in my baking.

aloha.
Seattle, Washington
“Lotsa Flavors, Great Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Used this opportunity to try a local flavor twist, Lilikoi, on a delicious Italian tradition. Did not disappoint and the friendly staff and clean facility was a joy as well. Grab some souvenirs that aren't tacky here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
gelato2395, Owner at Ono Gelato Kihei, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the review, I am glad you enjoyed the gelato!

aloha,
Valerie
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is some of the best gelato I have ever had. There was a very large selection of different flavors ranging from a chocolate macadamia to strawberry papaya as well as some that I haven't seen before including a Kona coffee flavor. My favorite might be “plain ole strawberry” as it was simply the most flavorful strawberry gelato I have ever tasted. Although the prices were quite high (around $5 for the small) there are free samples, so try some flavors and see what you like before making your purchase. The staffs were very friendly and their gelato stores can be found in many convenient locations. I highly recommend this for anyone craving something sweet or looking to try out some great gelato.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for the review, I am glad you enjoyed the gelato!

aloha,